As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
Echoes of Ny'alotha
- Echoes of Ny'alotha
- Scoured of N'Zoth's corruption, MOTHER can use this substance to synthesize essences in the Chamber of Heart.
How it works
An excerpt of the original post is provided here.
Obtaining Rank 3 Essences on Alts | 2020-03-18 02:14 | Kaivax
If a Rank 3 Essence has been earned by another character on your account, MOTHER will offer that Rank 3 Essence for 500 Echoes of Ny'alotha. Any player who is eligible to purchase at least one Essence from MOTHER will now receive Echoes of Ny'alotha from a wide range of activities in current content. These are the values we're planning per activity:
- Black Empire Assault – 125 Echoes of Ny'alotha
- Aqir/Amathet/Mantid/Mogu Assault – 75 Echoes of Ny'alotha
- Horrific Visions – 50 Echoes of Ny'alotha, plus 25 per additional objective completed (i.e. 150 Echoes for a full clear)
- Emissary Quest – 50 Echoes of Ny'alotha
- Heroic Darkshore Warfront – 75 Echoes of Ny'alotha
- Normal/Heroic/Mythic Ny'alotha raid bosses – 15-25 Echoes of Ny'alotha each, once per week per boss
- Ny'alotha Raid Finder wings – 25 Echoes of Ny'alotha
- Random Battleground wins – 15-25 Echoes of Ny'alotha
- Rated Arena wins – 10-25 Echoes of Ny'alotha baseline, scaling up with PvP rank
- Rated Battleground wins – 35 Echoes of Ny'alotha baseline, scaling up with PvP rank
- Weekly PvP Cache – 175 to 300 Echoes of Ny'alotha, based on PvP rank
- Mythic Keystone dungeon end-of-run chest – 3 Echoes of Ny'alotha per Keystone Level (i.e. 30 Echoes of Ny'alotha for a Mythic 10)
- Weekly Mythic Keystone Cache – 20 Echoes of Ny'alotha per highest Keystone Level
The general goal here is that doing Assaults and associated Horrific Visions should provide enough to get at least one Rank 3 Essence of your choice per week. Doing other content you like (PvP, dungeons, or raids) will increase that significantly, depending on the level of content you're doing. Of course, Essences can still be earned normally via their associated activities, so if you want to get your Essence of the Focusing Iris directly via Mythic Keystone dungeons and then buy others from MOTHER, that's now an option. Within a couple of weeks of hitting max-level on your alt, you should be able to obtain your preferred Essences by playing the game as you usually would.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2020-05-19): "MOTHER now offers several Preserved Contaminants, a new item to purchase with . Preserved Contaminants allow for a specific Corruption effect to be applied to any uncorrupted item that can be Corrupted or any items that have been cleansed after this week’s restart. The inventory of available Preserved Contaminants will change twice each week, mirroring the Assault cadence, and will cycle through all available Corruption effects at various levels of potency."
- Hotfix (2020-05-18): "
- Echoes of Ny’alotha now drop after completing the quest “” and obtaining .
- Echoes of Ny’alotha are much more abundant than before. The droprate of Echoes of Ny’alotha and the cost to purchase items with Echoes of Ny’alotha has been increased by a factor of 5.
- MOTHER now offers Vessels of Horrific Visions in exchange for 1750 Echoes of Ny’alotha."
- Hotfix (2020-03-20): "Removed restrictions on acquiring role-specific Azerite Essences from MOTHER. Rank 3 tanking, healing, or damage-specific Essences are now grouped together. If you've earned any of the three Essences in these groups, all three of the Essences will be unlocked for purchase from MOTHER:
- Spark of Inspiration, Unwavering Ward, Strength of the Warden
- Touch of the Everlasting, Spirit of Preservation, Breath of the Dying
- Blood of the Enemy, Artifice of Time, Sphere of Suppression
- Condensed Life Force, Vitality Conduit, Azeroth's Undying Gift
- Essence of the Focusing Iris, Life-Binder's Invocation, Anima of Life and Death"
- Hotfix (2020-03-16): Added.