Eclipse (resource mechanic)
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
Eclipse is available to all druids who have specced into Balance, and is active while the druid is in caster or Moonkin forms. The druid gains an Eclipse Bar showing his current amount of Lunar or Solar energy; a pointer on the bar indicates which type of energy the druid is currently able to gain.
- reduces the cycle time by 50%.
- increases the damage bonus provided by Solar and Lunar Eclipse effects.
When the bar reaches 100 energy, it will trigger an Eclipse effect, and switch the type of energy the druid is able to gain; Solar and Lunar Eclipses will thus always alternate. The Eclipse effect increases damage done by Nature/Arcane spells; the bonus is increased by the Balance druid mastery, .
Lunar Eclipse benefits all druid abilities that deal Arcane damage:
Solar Eclipse benefits all druid abilities that deal Nature damage:
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Hotfix (2014-11-15): "Resolved an issue where the balance cycle may incorrectly force the Druid to stand up."
- Hotfix (2014-11-13): "Resolved an issue where the Eclipse indicator in the UI can sometimes not match the Druid's current Balance power."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Redesigned.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now energizes the Druid for 50% of their maximum mana when triggered, up from 35%.
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "Starsurge casts that trigger an Eclipse now deal the correct amount of damage."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Redesigned.
- Patch 4.0.1a (2010-10-26): The pointer on the Eclipse Bar indicates where it goes to after the next Starsurge.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): An Eclipse Bar has now been added and the mechanic has been reworked.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): (Undocumented changes) The two buffs granted by the Eclipse talent are now named more clearly. [Wrath] procs Eclipse (Lunar) and [Starfire] procs Eclipse (Solar). Previously, they were both named just "Eclipse".
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): This effect will not activate again within 15 seconds of either type of Eclipse effect firing, in addition to the existing 30-second cooldown for each type of Eclipse. In addition, Eclipse now grants a 40% critical strike chance to Starfire and 40% increased damage to Wrath, up from 30%.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The Starfire and Wrath buffs from this talent are now on separate 30 second. cooldowns. In addition, it is not possible to have both buffs active simultaneously.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): The benefit to Wrath triggered by casting Starfire has been increased to 30% bonus damage.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Buff duration extended to 15 sec and bonuses doubled. The cooldown has been increased to 40 seconds.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.