- Not to be confused with sea serpent.
Eels are fish found in waters of Azeroth and Outland. They were first seen as items in the original World of Warcraft, only appearing as mobs with the release of The Burning Crusade, where they shared a model with mana wyrms. While they didn't receive much attention during Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm added a large number of eels as well as giving them a unique model.
The eels of Draenor are known as moray. They are vicious predators, attacking anything that enters the water. Adventurers appear to hold a particular antipathy towards eels, considering them among the creepiest of Azeroth's creatures.
- Abyssal Eels - Stormsong Valley.
- Crushing Eels - Scalding Chasm, Abyssal Depths.
- Devious Great-Eels - Underlight Canyon, Abyssal Depths.
- Freshwater Eels - Lake Everstill, Redridge Mountains.
- Lagoon Eels - The Lagoon, Zangarmarsh.
- Lakebottom Zappers - Talador.
- Shimmerscale Eels - Silmyr Lake, Terokkar Forest.
- Shockscale Eels - Shadowmoon Valley.
- Siltslither Eels - River's Heart, Sholazar Basin.
- Slickskin Eels - Smuggler's Scar, Kelp'thar Forest.
- Slitherfin Eels - Seafarer's Tomb, Kelp'thar Forest.
- Slithershock Eels, Slithershock Morays - Skysong Lake, Nagrand.
- Spiketooth Eels - Silver Tide Hollow, Shimmering Expanse.
- Spawn of G'nathus
- Sun-Charged Eels - Spires of Arak.
- Umbrafen Eels - Umbrafen Lake, Zangarmarsh .
- Eel Larvae (critter) - Abyssal Depths and Shimmering Expanse.
- Rift Elvers (critter) - Several locations throughout Vashj'ir.
As a companion pet
- is bought for 75 Polished Pet Charms from Madeline Netley in Stormsong Valley.
- has a chance to drop from G'nathus.
- has a chance to drop from .
- is rewarded from .
- Violet Abyssal Eel is a rare drop from .