Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
The sin'dorei use hawkstriders as mounts, but this little one was deemed unfit after being diagnosed with numerous anxiety disorders.
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 4|
|Level 10||Level 15||Level 20|
Notes and trivia
- Egbert is notable for frequently running around wildly and getting pretty far from his owner.
- Egbert responds to your character's run/walk toggle. If your character is set to walk, Egbert also walks around instead of running.
- The other item reward options from the quest line are , and . Only one can be chosen per year, but the quest is annually repeatable.
- Its name is a reference to the U.S. Acres comic strip character Egbert, a chick that refuses to leave its shell.
- Egbert could also be a reference to James Dallas Egbert III, whose 1979 disappearance into the steam tunnels under Michigan State University allegedly while playing a live-action version of Dungeons and Dragons led to the urban legend that role-playing games can cause mental health issues in those who play them.
- Egbert may also be a reference to the name Buffy Summers christened her egg (as part of an egg rearing exercise) in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, the nature of which turned out to be quite supernatural.
- Patch 8.1.5 (2019-03-12): Many items that grant companion pets have been adjusted in rarity, to better match the rarity of the resultant pet. The quality of pets was not changed.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Added.