El Pollo Grande
|Title||<The Black Chicken of Death>|
- "Bawk, bawk, bawk, bawk ... BA-GAWK!"
El Pollo Grande, the Black Chicken of Death, is a huge black level 50 chicken accidentally summoned by in Felwood upon completion of . Niby actually intended to use to summon an infernal destroyer that he could use to exact his vengeance upon Stormwind City, but inadvertently summoned a giant chicken instead, much to 's amusement. However, Niby promptly declared that Vengeance will be mine! Death to Stormwind! Death by chicken!
- El Pollo Grande is Spanish for "The Big Chicken", and is possibly inspired by the terrible Demon Chicken, El Pollo Diablo, from the 1997 adventure game The Curse of Monkey Island.
- El Pollo Grande is not tameable and has no loot.
- El Pollo Grande appears in the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game as a rare loot card, which can be redeemed for a in World of Warcraft.
- Upon completion of , remarks: "A 500 pound chicken? There's no such thing! Not anymore, at least. I knew of such a chicken... The Black Chicken of Death... But yes, nobody ever saw that chicken and lived to tell the tale."
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Added.