Elemental Mastery is a level 90 Elemental shaman talent. When activated it grants 30% haste for 20 seconds, which applies to both casting and attacking.
Tips and tactics
- Elemental Mastery buff can be dispelled.
- Great for when /, or is active since the haste effect stacks.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now only available to Elemental shamans. Now increases haste by 25% (down from 30%).
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now has a 2-minute cooldown (up from 1.5 minute).
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now has a 90-second cooldown (was 2 minutes).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now available to all specializations as a talent. No longer increases damage done and duration increased from 15 to 20 sec. Granted haste increased from 20% to 30% and no longer limited to spells.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Haste increase is now 20% (up from 15%). Now also increases Fire, Frost and Nature damage by 15% for the duration.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): This talent now increases spell haste by 15% instead of critical strike chance while active.
- Hotfix (2009-04-15): "Elemental Mastery will no longer allow a player to cast 2 spells instantly."
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Redesigned. When activated, your next Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning or Lava Burst spell becomes an instant cast spell. In addition, your Fire, Frost and Nature damage spells have a 15% increased critical strike chance for 15 seconds. Elemental Mastery now shares a cooldown with Nature's Swiftness.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Redesigned. Now increases the Shaman's critical strike chance by 20%, and decreases mana cost of Nature, Frost and Fire spells for 30 seconds. Cooldown remains at 3 minutes.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Elemental Mastery: It is no longer possible to get two consecutive guaranteed critical strikes from using this ability.