Elemental ascendant are Twilight's Hammer cultists that have been twisted into elemental beings via 'ascension'. The members have long forgotten their existences as mere mortals. From their wicked sanctum, they oversee the selection of new ascension candidates.
Elemental ascendant are the highest echelon of Twilight's Hammer cultists who become one with the elements. The Twilight Cultists hope that they will one day become elemental ascendants. During a dark ritual they are infused with elemental powers, transforming them into monstrosities. The ascension process seems to involve draining something from other elementals or demigods.
and his allies had hoped to mimic the creation of elemental ascendants in the Twilight's Hammer cult. Hubris drove the brilliant shaman to act as a living conduit for energies pulled from the Firelands. Instead, the explosive influx of power drove Gordoth insane and mutated his body into a hideous form.
However it seems that some shamans have mastered a more co-operative, though temporary, form of ascension.
Since the Burning Legion's third invasion of Azeroth, joined the Earthen Ring. He asked the elements to Ascend several shamans of the faction, making them become powerful but short lived forces to deploy against the Legion. The ritual of ascension was not to be requested lightly.
- Air ascendant
- Earth ascendant
- Fire ascendant
- Water ascendant
- Ice ascendant
- Elementium/Primal ascendant
- Mercury/Quicksilver ascendant
- Ascendants use the same model skeleton and animations as ethereals.
When asked in a ticket, a Blizzard representative stated that elemental ascendants are considered fully elementals. Ascendance can be temporary or permanent. They are not bound to the Elemental Plane, meaning they do not regenerate upon death, but there is a peaceful means of permanently becoming an ascendant and being bound to the Elemental Plane.
- ^ Encounter Journal
- ^ Encounter Journal
- ^ Adventure Guide: Lava Guard Gordoth
- ^ File:GM lore ticket 2.jpg This information was presented as coming from a Blizzard Game Master and it should be noted that it has not been made clear if Blizzard representatives hold the authority to create or even clarify lore, so this information may or may not be canon. It is also possible that the screenshot is not authentic and legit at all, so this information should probably be taken with a grain of salt until confirmation.