81 (Requires 80)
+250 Guardians of Hyjal
Activate the cruibles of Earth, Aire, Fire, and Water in the correct order to take control of the Eye of Twilight.
- Crucible of Earth Activated
- Crucible of Air Activated
- Crucible of Fire Activated
- Crucible of Water Activated
<You can't read the text, but diagrams seem to indicate that the devices around you should be activated in a set order.>
<One passage of the Apocrypha has been translated to modern text:>
- In the beginning was shadow eternal.
- Hate blazed forth, and FIRE was born.
- Wounds scabbed, and so begat EARTH.
- Cries of anguish birthed howling WIND.
- Wherein the skies wept seas of TEARS.
- We live in the shadow,
- The world we know
- Built of rage, hurt, anguish and sorrow.
<You pour over the Apocrypha, trying to make sense of it all.>
<Flush with the energies of the captured elementals, you stand before the Twilight Apocrypha. The pages turn of their own accord.>
<Suddenly, you see what the eye sees. It is yours to command!>
As the quest text indicates, the correct answer is Fire, Earth, Air, Water. After interacting with the Crucible of Air, The Manipulator jumps out of the portal at the other end of the cave!
- The Manipulator says: What do you think you're doing, <class>? Get away from these instruments!
- The Manipulator says: You cannot ... control the Eye! Cho'gall will know. You will be ... punished.
After interacting with the crucible of water, players are buffed with "Twilight Empowerment": You are fully empowered by the caged elements, and control the Eye of Twilight. You gain 2% Spell Power and 2% Attack Power.
In addition, players buff themselves with "Make Gar'gol Ogres Friendly: Your manipualtion of the Eye of Twilight has convinced Gar'gol's Ogres that you are friendly." This makes it incredibly easy to "escort" Kristoff out of the cave. Make sure to finish and pick up before leaving.
- Brainwashing side chain
- Eye of Twilight side chain
- Escort side chain
- , ,
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.