Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
- "Elementium possesses traits unlike any other metal on Azeroth."
- — Zane the Sniper
Elementium is a form of metal native to the Elemental Plane. It is created from the volatility of the Old Gods in their conflict with their minions. Ages ago, Neltharion had his drogbar slaves experiment with ways to merge the elements into a binding ore. He believed it would be the ultimate tool in his rise to power. There were at least fifty attempts.
It was revealed that the Twilight's Hammer forged a new set of armor plates made of elementium for Deathwing. The cultists of the Twilight's Hammer use their powers to draw elementium metal from deep beneath the earth. They coax it out into twisted spikes to form their buildings, rooted right into the defiled ground. Elementium spikes are still pliable and brittle shortly after being weaved from the ground and can be "plucked" before they harden.
Before Cataclysm there were various obtainable items associated with elementium, out of which only was crafted by the adventurers. The rest was either created by NPC's from elementium ore or bars they supplied, or appeared to be created at least partially with elementium. Whenever something was made from elementium, it was always quite extraordinary and/or expensive.
All of the final quest rewards from:
With the coming of Cataclysm however, elementium has become a much more common material, mostly because of the now easily accessible Elemental Planes, and summoning of the veins by the Twilight's Hammer cultists all around Azeroth. Ever since all craftsmen adapted the use of these materials in various of their plans, schematics, patterns and recipes.
In the RPG
Elementium is an extremely rare metal, found only in some of the most remote regions of Azeroth. It is believed by archaeologists to have been formed during the prehistoric reign of the Old Gods, in places where there were high concentrations of elemental creatures. In fact, elementium isn’t native to Azeroth, and is found only near high concentrations of elemental creatures because they bring it from the Elemental Plane where it is actually quite common. The unique properties of elementium allow it to absorb and channel elemental forces. Skilled smiths temper elementium in blistering forges, adding to the quality of the item. Elementium is so heavy that to craft armor from it would leave the wearer virtually immobile, so the metal is usually only used to craft weapons.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Elementium will be the new common mineral found when mining in Cataclysm, and can contain gems, , , or . The items currently named Elementium Ore and Elementium Bar will be renamed to and .
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Elementium Ore now drops in Blackwing Lair, and can be smelted into Elementium Bars.
- ^ World of Warcraft Trading Card Game: Twilight of the Dragons. Blizzard Entertainment. 198.
- ^ Ancient Neltharion Tablets
- ^ http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/features/stonecore.html
- ^ March Badness
- ^ a b More Magic & Mayhem, pages 154, 155
- ^ http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=13200229268&sid=1