- For information on how to defeat Elerethe Renferal in Emerald Nightmare, see Elerethe Renferal (tactics).
Archdruid of the Valley
|Race||Night elf (Humanoid)|
|Affiliation(s)||Alliance, Stormpike Guard, Cenarion Circle|
|Status||Deceased (killable); spirit within the Emerald Dream (lore)|
Elerethe was present when Hamuul Runetotem attended his first meeting of the Cenarion Circle. She had brought with her a simple, ceramic goblet that was glazed blue and etched with runes which had survived the Great Sundering. It was filled with water from the Temple of Elune and then presumably drunk from by at least some if not all the attendees.
Shortly before the War Against the Nightmare, Fandral Staghelm called for a convocation and Elerethe was invited there alongside Naralex. They were partners in regret, even if the reasons for each were different.
Elerethe had sought to save the flora and fauna of Alterac Valley during the last war between the Alliance and the Horde, but had been unable to prevent the carnage caused by not only two fighting armies, but an orc shaman. After the war, she had sworn to restore the valley. Even after several years, she was still trying. She was present during the wedding of Malfurion and Tyrande.
The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
Archdruid Elerethe Renferal was present at the meeting with Hamuul alongside four other night elf druids and four other tauren druids in Ashenvale, only to be killed by orcs from the Twilight's Hammer Cult who were disguised as members of the Horde. After she had shifted to cat form and disemboweled one orc, another had impaled her to the ground with a polearm, ending her life. She died believing that Hamuul had some hand in leading her and the other elven druids into an ambush. The true nature of the attack was eventually discovered, although it is not known how or when this happened.
- Main article: Elerethe Renferal (tactics)
Elerethe's consciousness now resides in the Emerald Nightmare, damning her to an existence of fear, confusion, and hatred. Twisted and broken, she believes anyone who crosses her path to be responsible for her tragic end. Trapped in this cycle of madness, she sets her sights on the adventurers fighting against Xavius and the corruption of the Nightmare. She is fought within a twisted nightmare version of Mulgore.
After Xavius is killed, Elerethe's redeemed spirit is found within the Emerald Dream.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Dun Baldar North Bunker||119 - 120||12,471,204|
|Mulgore (Emerald Nightmare)||??|
|Elerethe Renferal (tactics)||??|
- Entangling Roots — Entangles an enemy in roots, inflicting Nature damage every 3 sec. and immobilizing it for up to 6 sec.
- Moonfire — Burns the enemy for Arcane damage and inflicts additional damage over 12 sec.
- Rejuvenation — Heals an ally every 3 sec. for 12 sec.
- Both quests require the turn in of which can be found on the corpses on enemy players.
- As of the 2.01 patch Crystal Cluster requires you to turn in stacks of 5 Storm Crystals and receive 20-21 Alliance reputation and 5 Stormpike Guard reputation (as a Human).
- Turning in 200 Storm Crystals during the course of battle will start an event that causes the druids to march to the Field of Strife to summon Ivus the Forest Lord.
- Soldiers of Stormpike, aid and protect us! The Forest Lord has granted us his protection. The portal must now be opened!
The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm
"We came in good faith!"
- Main article: Elerethe Renferal (tactics)#Quotes
- Emerald Dream
You pulled me from a storm of madness and I am forever in your debt, <name>. I know there is much I must atone for, but at least now, my nightmare has passed.
Notes and trivia
- Elerethe was, as most night elf women, tall and graceful. She wore her green hair short and had dark violet skin. She was experienced in battle, having lavender scars and her body was sinewy and muscular rather than lush.
- Malfurion considered her "a druid who was as a sister" and resolved to tend to Alterac Valley in her name.
- At some point, her Alterac name was changed from Arch Druid Renferal to Archdruid Renferal.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.