Elerethe Renferal (tactics)
- For the character biography, see Elerethe Renferal.
|Race||Night elf (Humanoid)|
|Location||Mulgore, Emerald Nightmare|
Elerethe Renferal is the third boss of the Emerald Nightmare.
Elerethe, once a mighty druid and adept shapeshifter, was led by a dark path by the belief that she was betrayed by her closest allies. Her consciousness now resides in the nightmare, damning her to an existence of fear, confusion, and hatred.
As the fight progresses, Elerethe swaps between the nightmarish forms of a spider and a roc. When she takes to the skies as a roc, she moves to a different platform, forcing players to weather her Dark Storm as they make their way towards her. On Mythic difficulty, Elrethe uses an additional ability depending on what platform she is currently on. On the first platform she uses Tangled Webs, on the second she uses Violent Winds, and on the third Nightmare Spawn.
- During Spider form, stand apart from the raid during Necrotic Venom to place venomous pools.
- During Roc form, place Twisting Shadows away from the raid.
- Kill Venomous Spiderlings.
- During Spider form, heal allies connected by Web of Pain.
- During Roc form, the raid takes ramping damage from Dark Storm until they reach the eye of the storm.
- During Spider form, take turns tanking Spiderlings to manage applications of Dripping Fangs.
- During Roc form, quickly taunt Elerethe after Raking Talons.
- During Roc form, pick up a Shimmering Feather to speed your way across the webbing.
- Keep Venomous Spiderlings away from the boss or they will grant her stacks of Swarm.
- Spider Form — Takes the form of a nightmare spider.
- Web of Pain — Elerethe connects two targets with a web of pain. 100% of damage done to the linked source is reflected to you. Reflected damage is increased after the targets separate beyond 20 yards from each other.
- Feeding Time — Elerethe ascends into the web and calls her children down to feed. While in the web, Elerethe positions herself to drop onto her unsuspecting prey with Vile Ambush.
- Necrotic Venom — Hurls necrotic poison at random enemies that inflicts 185250 to 204750 Nature damage every 1 sec and places a debuff on the target that inflicts 66500 to 73500 Nature damage to nearby allies each tick. Also, each pulse leaves behind a venomous pool.
- Tangled Webs — Quickly covers the ground with a tacky web. When enemies are on its surface for more than 2 sec at a time, they summon additional Venomous Spiderlings. The web lasts 1.3 min.
- Nightmare Spawn — Continuously summons egg sacs around her location that grow over time. Fully grown egg sacs release Venomous Spiderlings when popped. Elerethe will pop all grown egg sacs during Vile Ambush.
- Roc Form — Takes the form of a nightmare roc.
- Gathering Clouds — The boss flings quills at all targets for 385937 to 426563 Physical damage every 1 second and pushes everyone back. Gathering Clouds inflicts additional damage the further the target is from Elerethe Renferal.
- Dark Storm — Conjures a dark storm and flies to another platform. The storm inflicts 27550 to 30450 Shadow damage every 1 sec and the damage increases 5% every 1 sec until targets enter the eye of the storm.
- Twisting Shadows — The boss causes shadow tornadoes to form on random enemies. After 10 sec tornadoes appear at the enemy destinations that will pull nearby targets into them, inflicting 95000 to 105000 Shadow damage every 1 sec for 4 sec. While the dark winds are forming, the target can disperse Venomous Pools.
- Razor Wing — The bird buffets its wings, hurling razor feathers that inflict 285000 to 315000 Shadow damage to targets in a cone in front of the boss.
- Raking Talons — Rakes her talons across her current target, inflicting 1900000 to 2100000 Shadow damage and increases damage taken from consecutive Raking Talons by 100% per stack. She repeats this cast multiple times in rapid succession.
- Violent Winds — Elerethe channels violent winds at her target, pushing them away and inflicting 213750 to 236250 Shadow damage every 1 sec to enemies in a line in front of her. The amount of force pushing the targets away is reduced for each player in the effect and reduces the amount of stacks of Wind Burn that are applied directly to the current target.
- Surging Egg Sacs — Running into these egg sacs releases a swarm of Skittering Spiderlings.
- Skittering Spiderling — These tiny spiders burst forth and attack in numbers when released from their egg sacs.
- Venomous Spiderling — Venomous Spiderlings appear from the web during the encounter.
- Dripping Fangs — Dripping fangs poison the current target and inflict 14250 to 15750 Nature damage every 1 sec. This effect stacks.
- Venomous Pool — A venomous pool forms, inflicting 87530 to 96745 Nature damage every 1 sec.
- Swarm — Elerethe draws strength from her minions, increasing her damage dealt by 25% and attack speed by 25% when they are close. This effect stacks.
Please add any available information to this section.
- Entering Mulgore
- Elerethe Renferal yells: Betrayers! Liars! Murderers! Has Hamuul sent his lapdogs to fetch the knife from my back?
- Elerethe Renferal yells: Do you remember murdering me? Or have you grown so used to slaughter that my cries of agony are long forgotten?
- Elerethe Renferal yells: I recall my final moments surrounded by those I had trusted. Your satisfied sneers as I drew my last breath.
- Seeing Elerethe
- Malfurion Stormrage yells: What manner of foul creature is this? It seems poised to unleash its corruption on Thunder Bluff! The spirit of the Tauren people must not fall prey to the Nightmare!
- This time I'm ready for your treachery!
- Mercy? None for you! Only gushing blood and broken bodies!
- Web of Pain
- Scream for me!
- I'll adorn my web with your bones!
- Casting Feeding Time
- What juicy morsels!
- Casting Gathering Clouds
- Now you have become prey!
- There is nowhere left to hide!
- Casting Razor Wing
- Scurry, scurry, little rat!
- Spider Form
- Not afraid of spiders, are you?
- Killed a player
- Feel the crush of my talons!
- My feet will tear your flesh, vermin!
- Revenge is said to be sweet. But I taste only bitterness.
- Your faces no longer appear for familiar. Did you truly deserve my wrath?
- Elerethe Renferal yells: Betrayers, will you remember killing me now?
- Malfurion Stormrage yells: The illusion of corruption falls away! Behold a druid who was as a sister to me... Elerethe Renferal. I feel her loss keenly, heroes.
- Malfurion Stormrage yells: The Twilight's Hammer ambushed and murdered Elerethe, misleading her into believing Hamuul Runetotem played a part in her death. It seems her spirit was so twisted that she sought to take vengeance upon all of Thunder Bluff.
- Malfurion Stormrage yells: You had a deep love for the lands of Alterac, old friend. I vow to tend the vale in your name.
- Elerethe Renferal is voiced by Karen Strassman.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.