- Not to be confused with Elanaria.
Elunaria is the world where the titan Eonar's spirit took refuge on after she was felled by Sargeras' blade. Her essence resided within the Elarian Sanctuary, which would later be invaded by the Burning Legion during the Antorus, the Burning Throne raid. The subzone is the road from the portal to the Sanctuary, on a cliff-side.
Notes & trivia
- The Elunarian collection is a set from World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade bearing a similar name.
- During Patch 7.3.5 PTR, the zone went through a certain number of name changes. Elunaria was first called the Refuge of Life. The subzone called the Elarian Sanctuary was also initially called the Elunarian Sanctuary.
This world might be named after Elune or Elune after the world. It might thus imply a connection between Eonar and the moon goddess. The Elarian Sanctuary is referred to as Eonar's own sanctuary by the dungeon journal, herself and Magni.
- Eonar might have named the world after Elune.
- The other way around, Elune might have offered refuge to Eonar on her world of Elunaria, where Eonar would later build her sanctuary.
- Elune and Eonar might also be the same being, and the world of Elunaria would thus be the world from which Eonar came from.
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Added.