Enemies at the Gate (WC3 NightElf)
|Enemies at the Gate|
Enemies at the Gate is chapter 1 of the Eternity's End campaign. It is the first victory of the night elves against the human-orc alliance. It is also the first attack of the Burning Legion in Ashenvale.
With the heroic sacrifice of Grom Hellscream, the pit lord Mannoroth was slain, and the demon curse that had plagued the orcs was put to an end. However, the combined human and orc forces have moved deeper into Ashenvale Forest to ascertain whether a demonic threat still lingers in the land.
Tyrande Whisperwind, the leader of the night elf Sentinels, believes that the outlanders will bring only doom to her enchanted homeland.
- Neutral enemies
- 12 Stags
The mission began when Tyrande Whisperwind and Shandris Feathermoon were discussing the strange shadow in the land. Shandris suggested it is the Greenskins who killed Cenarius. Tyrande sent out a scout to investigate. They then proceded to watch Duke Lionheart break up a squabble between an Orc Grunt and a Human Footman. Duke Lionheart explained that they must cooperate because of the Human-Orc Alliance. Tyrande declared their presence was a sacrilege to nature. Tyrande then began constructing an outpost. She met a Furbolg Shaman, whose tribe was about to migrate because of an "Evil Presence" in the land, but some of the tribe members were missing and unaccounted for. Tyrande successfully found them all and escorted them back to their village. The shaman left a few Furbolgs to aid the Night Elves. Tyrande then proceeded to lead her forces into battle and slew Duke Lionheart.
Immediately afterward, the Burning Legion and the Undead Scourge attacked, destroying the remnants of the Human-Orc Base and began killing Night Elves. Tyrande ordered her remaining warriors to retreat back to the woods. A single pandaren is seen fleeing the scene a moment before the undead attack began.
- Entangle a gold mine
- Construct a Moon Well
- Construct an Ancient of War
- Train 5 Archers
Night Elf bases are more than mere trees: they are living, extended organisms that can uproot and move through the forests when attacked.
- Slay the Paladin
The Orcs and Humans have set up a base in the Ashenvale Forest. Tyrande Whisperwind, protector of the Night Elves, has sworn to destroy all that enter the forest uninvited.
- Locate 10 Missing Furbolgs
The Furbolgs are moving deeper into the forests of Ashenvale. Their tribal elder senses something evil spreading through the land. Before the tribe can leave, all of the wandering Furbolgs need to be escorted back to their village.
- Tyrande looks out over the forests from atop a tall cliff. Shandris runs up beside her.
- Shandris Feathermoon: Pardon, Priestess, but you've been staring out across Ashenvale for hours.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: I sense something dark stirring within the forests, Shandris. It feels as if it's heading this way.
- Shandris Feathermoon: The greenskins who killed Cenarius?
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Perhaps. Perhaps something more.
- Tyrande summons an Owl Scout to check on a nearby orc and human base.
- Duke Lionheart: Put your backs into it! Jaina and the orc warchief expect this base to be built swiftly!
- Footman: Bah! We shouldn't even be here! Or siding with the orcs.
- Grunt: We're here to hunt the remaining demons, human. You're lucky our goals are the same.
- Duke Lionheart: All right, you men! Mind your business! Back to work!
- Tyrande Whisperwind: So, these orcs and humans presume to run rampant through our lands? They will regret ever stepping foot into Ashenvale. We will establish a base and deal with these outlanders as they deserve.
During the Mission
- Tyrande Whisperwind: The tree of life is the heart of our night elf villages. Use the tree's ability to entangle the gold mine. After entangling the mine, send wisps in to extract gold.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Wisps are friendly spirits that harvest gold and lumber for our villages. They also create the structures that allow us to train more warriors.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: The moon wells are the source of our nourishment and strength. You can build additional moon wells to nourish more troops.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: To train more troops, construct an ancient of war.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Bandu thoribas, mortals! You will pay for defiling these lands!
- Tyrande Whisperwind: How dare you call us demons! It is you who threaten these lands!
- Tyrande Whisperwind: You outlanders will answer for Cenarius' death! Anada Felra!
- Tyrande Whisperwind: I am the justice of Elune! The goddess' wrath is inflatable!
- Furbolg Shaman: We are preparing to leave this place, Priestess. There is a terrible evil corrupting these lands, and I will not allow it to consume my people. Unfortunately, we cannot leave until the rest of our tribe is accounted for.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Do not fear, old one. I will find your tribesman and lead them back to you.
- Furbolg Shaman: Thank you, Priestess. We will reward you when you return.
- Furbolg Shaman: Many thanks, Priestess. Now we can evacuate the village. Please accept the aid of our champion. He will protect your life with his own.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Your offer is very generous one. May Elune light your path to safety.
- Ominous laughter suddenly fills the air as fire rains from the sky over the human and orc base. Demons and undead appear and begin ravaging the settlement, quickly overwhelming the defenders.
- Grunt: It's the undead! Defend yourselves!
- Footman: They must have followed us from Lordaeron!
- Archer: Elune save us! The dead advance in waves!
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Quickly, my sisters, back to the trees! We are no match for a force this vast.
- 1 Human Paladin
- Footmen Human
- Peasants Human
- Orc Peons
- Grunts Orc
- Dwarven Riflemen
- Darkspear Troll Headhunters
- Gryphon Riders
- Wyvern Wind Riders
- Shamans Orc
- Raiders Orc
- Shandris appears as a regular archer unit instead of her normal night elf ranger hero unit model in the opening cutscene.
- The orcs use the scrapped Pig Farm building instead of the Burrow.
- A group of orcish raiders managed to assault a furbolg outpost and capture their inhabitants, which can be saved for the related quest.
- Shandris is a playable unit and uses a special archer model instead of the regular one.