Enraged Spirits of Air
70 (Requires 68)
Venture southeast, hero. When you see fields of gigantic blue crystals jutting out from the land, you will have reached your destination. It is there, at the Netherwing Fields, that you will find the enraged spirits of air. They roam the cliffs and mountain bases that surround the fields.
Destroy their tortured forms and capture their souls with the totem of spirits. Return to me when this is done.
Soon, we will speak with the spirits.
Allow me to reward you for undertaking such an arduous task, hero.
Now, we must get to work! Please stand back so that I may place the totem and unleash the souls.
- Upon completion
- Earthmender Torlok says: Stand back, <name>. The spirits may lash out.
- Scorned Spirit of Earth says: Why have you captured us?
- Scorned Spirit of Fire says: What is it that you hope to gain from this?
- Earthmender Torlok bows.
- Earthmender Torlok says: We wish to help you, spirit. We seek your wisdom.
- Scorned Spirit of Water says: Wisdom? It was your people that caused the insufferable wrath of Cyrukh.
- Scorned Spirit of Air says: Why should we help you? The world is ruined. Destroyed.
- Earthmender Torlok nods.
- Earthmender Torlok says: You are right, spirit. It was my people that did that to you. Allow us to make it right. Please tell us this: Who or what is Cyrukh?
- Scorned Spirit of Earth says: Fool! Cyrukh the fire lord! When the tie was severed, Cyrukh awoke. It is the tears of Cyrukh that fill this land with molten rock.
- Earthmender Torlok says: The... The fire lord? An elemental lord was unearthed? Of course... Gul'dan you were a damned fool!
- Scorned Spirit of Fire says: He is insane now. Driven mad during the shattering. There is no rest for the elements.
- Earthmender Torlok: There must be a way.
- Scorned Spirit of Water says: Yes, a way. Destroy Cyrukh. Destroy an elemental lord.
- Earthmender Torlok says: Do not doubt my comrades and I, spirit. Tell us how to conjure the fire lord. My allies will destroy him.
- Scorned Spirit of Air says: You must utter the words...
- Scorned Spirit of Earth says: Yes... Yes... the words. The words of damnation. The words spoken by the dark one. Your master.
- Scorned Spirit of Fire says: Yes... Gul'dan...
- Earthmender Torlok says: We will find these words. We will summon your master and we will destroy him.
- Earthmender Torlok nods.
- Earthmender Torlok says: Now to recover the lost words!
You are given a totem which you must drop before the Enraged Air Spirit is killed. Once it is killed within range of the totem, your quest log will mark off one more soul captured. Multiple spirits can be killed using the same totem (about three at the maximum before it dies), but the totems are unlimited and don't have a long cooldown for placement, so this is somewhat unnecessary. These elementals are found to the south, in the Netherwing Fields .
Once this quest is turned in, Earthmender Torlok summons the four different spirits which have been captured: Earth, Fire, Water and Air. He then proceeds to apologize to them, and ask what can be done to restore them. There is some dissent as to if they should tell us this, but they eventually say that they were made this way when Gul'dan accidentally summoned a fire lord. The only way to fix things is to resummon him (and kill him).