Tips and tactics
Envenom works much differently than other abilities that the rogue might be used to, and therefore must be used with certain considerations in order to benefit fully from its capabilities.
- Unlike most other rogue abilities, Envenom is classified as a Nature Spell. Therefore, it will have diminished, or even no effect against mobs with high nature resistance or immunity.
- It is possible for Envenom to critically hit its target, causing twice the normal damage. Its chance to crit is based on your melee crit chance, unlike other poison effects, which are based on your spell crit chance.
- The rogue must also build combo points fast to use Envenom effectively. Abilities such as and are effective Combo Point builders.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-02-03): "Damage increased by 4%."
- Hotfix (2016-08-22): "Envenom damage has been increased to 60% Attack Power per point (was 50%)."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer refreshes the duration of . Damage reduced by 15%.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 30% more damage.
- Hotfix (2014-12-18): "Envenom should no longer incorrectly consume all of the Rogue's combo points if the ability misses or was dodged."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now deals 20% more damage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now an Assassination specialization ability. No longer requires Deadly Poison, application chance applies to all poisons, and replaces Eviscerate.
- Hotfix (2010-11-23): "Envenom now properly scales with Potent Poisons."
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Scaling has been increased from 7% to 9% of attack power per combo point.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Added.