- For information on her encounter in Legion, see .
Gentle Caretaker of All Living Things
|Occupation||Patron of all life|
When , Champion of the Pantheon, relayed his discovery of the void lords' plan to use the Old Gods to transform a world-soul into an incomprehensibly powerful dark being, he urged the other titans that the only way to save the universe was to completely scour it of corruption. He argued that since life had taken root in the cosmos once before, perhaps it would do so again. Horrified by this idea, Eonar reminded Sargeras that the Pantheon had sworn to protect all life when possible, and that nothing could be so dire that it would require systemic extinction of all living things.
Some time later, , who had taken Sargeras' place as defender of the Pantheon, discovered an extremely powerful world-soul slumbering in a distant corner of the Great Dark. Unfortunately, it had already been heavily corrupted by the Old Gods. When he returned to the Pantheon with this information, he urged his fellow titans to save the world-soul, which would later become known as Azeroth. Eonar was quick to side with Aggramar, and she managed to convince the other titans that were this new titan to grow to maturity, it would be strong enough to neutralize the void lords once and for all; but more than that, Azeroth was their sibling, and they could not let a member of their own family fall into the clutches of the Void. The Pantheon were moved by the Life-Binder's words, and agreed to take the fight to the Old Gods.
As the titans' colossal forms made it nearly impossible to take action directly without severely harming the nascent world-soul, instead the Pantheon decided to craft an army of servants — the titan-forged — to do battle in their stead. Each member of the Pantheon imbued a number of these servants with their specific powers and likenesses; Eonar gave Keeper Freya command over Azeroth's flora and fauna. After the defeat of , Eonar used Freya as a conduit to channel her power into and , gifting them with powers over life and the Emerald Dream, respectively.
Like the rest of the Pantheon, Eonar's spirit was launched into the Great Dark by , and her physical form obliterated by the traitorous near the world of Nihilam. The spirits slammed into the Keepers of Azeroth.
LegionThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
Eonar has stayed hidden from Sargeras and the Burning Legion for millennia, but when Sargeras goes after the Pantheon's souls to revive them as soldiers loyal to him, the sanctuary housing Eonar's soul comes under attack. She reaches out to , the Speaker of Azeroth's world-soul, telling him to find her or everything will end.
After she is protected, Eonar joins her brothers at the Seat of the Pantheon to aid Azeroth's heroes against Argus the Unmaker. When Argus kills the heroes near the end of the fight, she revives them. After Argus is defeated, Sargeras strikes out at Azeroth and wounds her heavily in Silithus. Immediately thereafter the Pantheon imprisons him within the Seat of the Pantheon. , who stayed behind while his comrades left, serves as Sargeras's jailer.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Seat of the Pantheon||??||11,505,870,000|
- During the creation of the five dragonflights and the uplifting of the five Dragon Aspects, channeled the powers of Eonar into the red dragon , granting her powers over life, and into the green dragon , giving her command over the Emerald Dream. In the final moments of the Hour of Twilight, this power was entirely channeled into the Dragon Soul to completely obliterate their corrupted brother Deathwing.
Thrall: Twilight of the AspectsThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels or short stories.
- You are bound to the waking Dream of Creation. Nature is your realm, and all things have caught glimpses of the Emerald Dream when they sleep. You see them all, Ysera. And they see you, though they may not know it. Like the Life-Binder, you touch all living beings, and sing to them the songs of creation and interconnectedness. - Blessing of the Green Aspect
- This is my gift: compassion for all living things. A drive to protect and nurture them. And the ability to heal that which others cannot, birth what others may not, and love even the unlovable--who surely need such grace more than any other souls. - Blessing of the Red Aspect
World of WarcraftThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
- Main article: Quest:Visions of Another#Notes
- Before portal to Elunaria
- Magni Bronzebeard yells: Champions! I heard a familiar voice callin', so I fought me way inside this accursed place.
- Image of Eonar yells: Champions, hear me. The Legion has breached my sanctuary, and my defenses will soon be overrun. Stand with me now, lest Sargeras claim his prize.
- Magni Bronzebeard yells: It's Eonar, the Life-Binder! This portal leads ta her sanctuary. Go, I'll stay here and cover yer backs!
- Fight encounter
- Main article: Eonar the Life-Binder#Quotes
In World of WarcraftThis section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
- The could be purchased from Legacy Justice Quartermasters.
- One of the effects that can be gained from using the item in Karazhan is called "Bolt of Eonar", which deals additional nature damage.
- In Ulduar, Freya is healed by an ability called 'Touch of Eonar' and summons a tree called 'Eonar's Gift'. She also asks for Eonar's blessing before facing Yogg-Saron.
- Snaplashers are sprouts that have been blessed with a gift from Eonar.
- is a dwarf who worships Eonar as the one true god who created everything. By his own admission, no one else shares this faith with him.
In the RPGThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon.
- This enormous, bronze-skinned woman has a gentle expression at odds with her obvious physical and magical strength. She carries a crooked, alabaster staff, and flowers blossom at her feet.
Eonar is the physical representation of life, nature and healing in the universe; she revels in the joy and bliss in all worlds. She is 's consort, and had a long, bitter feud with his brother before the latter's fall from grace; her presence and personal strength exacerbated the conflict between Aman'Thul and his dark brother. When the Burning Legion first assaulted Azeroth, Eonar combated the demons by infusing the world's native dragons with the power to battle the Legion. She bequeathed a portion of her spirit to the red dragon Alexstrasza, who remains a potent life-giving force on Azeroth.
Eonar's portfolio includes nature, healing, life and, as she is a member of the Pantheon, creation and order. Dwarves and others who respect the titans revere Eonar, if they know of her. Azeroth's red dragons pay her special homage; they honor her memory by constantly battling chaos and destruction.
Some aspects of Eonar's character and powers appear to be based upon the Greek goddess Demeter, the sister of Zeus who presided over agriculture and the harvest. As with and the Earthmother, such an association would class Eonar as a "Great Goddess" figure.
Eonar may be the same being as the tauren Earthmother. Both are mother figures of immense power and are described as loathing the undead. Additionally, vanir means "earth giant" in the titan's language. Interestingly, Demeter, upon whom Eonar might be based, can be literally translated as "earth-mother", though this could simply be a coincidence.
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Added.
- ^ World of Warcraft: The Magazine Issue 5
- ^ a b World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 50
- ^ Antorus, the Burning Throne
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 32
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 24
- ^ a b World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 30-31
- ^ a b World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 46
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, page 54
- ^ Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, pages 285-286
- ^ Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, page 287
- ^ Freya abilities
- ^ Freya quotes
- ^ World of Warcraft: Traveler, pg. 30-31
- ^ a b c Shadows & Light, 115
- ^ Shadows & Light, 114
- ^ Shadows & Light, 116
- ^ Tribunal of Ages#Quotes