- Not to be confused with Aonar or Ionar.
- For information on her encounter in Legion, see Eonar the Life-Binder.
Gentle Caretaker of All Living Things
|Occupation||Patron of all life|
When Sargeras, Champion of the Pantheon, relayed his discovery of the void lords' plan to use the Old Gods to transform a world-soul into an incomprehensibly powerful dark being, he urged the other titans that the only way to save the universe was to completely scour it of corruption. He argued that since life had taken root in the cosmos once before, perhaps it would do so again. Horrified by this idea, Eonar reminded Sargeras that the Pantheon had sworn to protect all life when possible, and that nothing could be so dire that it would require systemic extinction of all living things.
Some time later, Aggramar, who had taken Sargeras' place as defender of the Pantheon, discovered an extremely powerful world-soul slumbering in a distant corner of the Great Dark. Unfortunately, it was being corrupted by the Old Gods. When he returned to the Pantheon with this information, he urged his fellow titans to save the world-soul, which would later become known as Azeroth. Eonar was quick to side with Aggramar, and she managed to convince the other titans that were this new titan to grow to maturity, it would be strong enough to neutralize the void lords once and for all; but more than that, Azeroth was their sibling, and they could not let a member of their own family fall into the clutches of the Void. The Pantheon were moved by the Life-Binder's words, and agreed to take the fight to the Old Gods.
As the titans' colossal forms made it nearly impossible to take action directly without severely harming the nascent world-soul, instead the Pantheon decided to craft an army of servants — the titan-forged — to do battle in their stead. Each member of the Pantheon imbued a number of these servants with their specific powers and likenesses; Eonar gave Keeper Freya command over Azeroth's flora and fauna. After the defeat of Galakrond, Eonar channeled her power through Freya and into Alexstrasza and Ysera, gifting them respectively with powers over life and the Emerald Dream. They became known as the Dragon Aspects.
Like the rest of the Pantheon, Eonar's spirit was launched into the Great Dark by Norgannon during their confrontation with Sargeras, as their physical form was obliterated by the Dark Titan, near the world of Nihilam. The spirits slammed into the Keepers of Azeroth.
Eonar's spirit is found on the world of Elunaria, where she had remained hidden from Sargeras and the Burning Legion for millennia. As the Burning Legion finally closed in on the Elarian Sanctuary, her refuge, she reached out to Magni Bronzebeard, the Speaker of Azeroth's world-soul, asking him to save her from the demonic army.
After she is protected, Eonar joins her brothers at the Seat of the Pantheon to aid Azeroth's heroes against Argus the Unmaker. When Argus kills the heroes near the end of the fight, she revives them. After Argus is defeated, Sargeras strikes out at Azeroth and wounds her heavily in Silithus. Immediately thereafter the Pantheon imprisons him within the Seat of the Pantheon. Illidan Stormrage, who stayed behind while his comrades left, serves as Sargeras's jailer.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Eonar the Life-Binder||112||4,047,048|
|Seat of the Pantheon||??||11,505,870,000|
In the RPG
- This enormous, bronze-skinned woman has a gentle expression at odds with her obvious physical and magical strength. She carries a crooked, alabaster staff, and flowers blossom at her feet.
Eonar is the physical representation of life, nature and healing in the universe; she revels in the joy and bliss in all worlds. She is Aman'Thul's consort, and had a long, bitter feud with his brother Sargeras before the latter's fall from grace; her presence and personal strength exacerbated the conflict between Aman'Thul and his dark brother. When the Burning Legion first assaulted Azeroth, Eonar combated the demons by infusing the world's native dragons with the power to battle the Legion. She bequeathed a portion of her spirit to the red dragon Alexstrasza, who remains a potent life-giving force on Azeroth.
Eonar's portfolio includes nature, healing, life and, as she is a member of the Pantheon, creation and order. Dwarves and others who respect the titans revere Eonar, if they know of her. Azeroth's red dragons pay her special homage; they honor her memory by constantly battling chaos and destruction.
Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects
- You are bound to the waking Dream of Creation. Nature is your realm, and all things have caught glimpses of the Emerald Dream when they sleep. You see them all, Ysera. And they see you, though they may not know it. Like the Life-Binder, you touch all living beings, and sing to them the songs of creation and interconnectedness. - Blessing of the Green Aspect
- This is my gift: compassion for all living things. A drive to protect and nurture them. And the ability to heal that which others cannot, birth what others may not, and love even the unlovable--who surely need such grace more than any other souls. - Blessing of the Red Aspect
World of Warcraft
- Main article: Visions of Another#Notes
- Before portal to Elunaria
- Magni Bronzebeard yells: Champions! I heard a familiar voice callin', so I fought me way inside this accursed place.
- Image of Eonar yells: Champions, hear me. The Legion has breached my sanctuary, and my defenses will soon be overrun. Stand with me now, lest Sargeras claim his prize.
- Magni Bronzebeard yells: It's Eonar, the Life-Binder! This portal leads ta her sanctuary. Go, I'll stay here and cover yer backs!
Notes and trivia
- The could be purchased from Legacy Justice Quartermasters.
- One of the effects that can be gained from using the item in Karazhan is called "Bolt of Eonar", which deals additional nature damage.
- In Ulduar, Freya is healed by an ability called 'Touch of Eonar' and summons a tree called 'Eonar's Gift'. She also asks for Eonar's blessing before facing Yogg-Saron.
- Snaplashers are sprouts that have been blessed with a gift from Eonar.
- Durgan One-God is a dwarf who worships Eonar as the one true god who created everything. By his own admission, no one else shares this faith with him.
- Eonar is voiced by Athena Karkanis.
Some aspects of Eonar's character and powers appear to be based upon the Greek goddess Demeter, the sister of Zeus who presided over agriculture and the harvest.
- Some speculate that Eonar could be the tauren Earthmother. Both are mother figures of immense power and are described as loathing the undead.
- Winter Queen could be Eonar's sister, as she calls Ysera, who bore Eonar's blessing during the empowerment of the Dragon Aspects, her sister's pet. The Night Fae also sell a at Revered reputation, implying at least some connection between Eonar and Ardenweald.
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Added.
- ^ World of Warcraft: The Magazine Issue 5
- ^ Antorus, the Burning Throne
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide, pg. 32
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 24
- ^ a b World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 30-31
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 46
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 50
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 54
- ^ a b c Shadows & Light, 115
- ^ Shadows & Light, 114
- ^ Shadows & Light, 116
- ^ Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, pages 285-286
- ^ Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects, page 287
- ^ Freya abilities
- ^ Freya quotes
- ^ World of Warcraft: Traveler, pg. 30-31
- ^ Ysera Reborn