|This article is an NPC stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|Title||Destructobyte's Ultimate Replica, Paragon of Epicosity|
|Race(s)||Shark, devilsaur, Forsaken|
|Location||Brawler's Guild; Nazjatar|
Epicus Maximus is a legacy encounter in the Brawler's Guild and requires the use of a challenge card to fight.
The party is composed of:
- Epicus Maximus, a level 90 elite flying shark equipped with two rockets and a laser beam.
- And a Dinosaur, a level 60 rare elite devilsaur. He rides on Epicus Maximus's back.
- ROCK ON, a level 85 elite Forsaken with the , identical in appearance to Bergrisst. He rides on And a Dinosaur's back.
- Blue Crush — Activating beams of destruction! 2 sec cast. Interruptible. 4 sec duration. Triggers every 0.5 sec...
- Blue Crush — Deals Frost damage and knocks enemies away! Instant. Hits for 142,500-157,500 Frost.
- Destructolaser — Activating beams of destruction! Channeled. 12 sec duration. Channels a beam that follows the target around the room. Standing in the beam triggers every 1 sec...
- Destructolaser — Inflicts 243750 to 256250 Fire damage. Instant.
- Pure Rock'n Roll 40 yd range — Inflicts Sonic damage. Instant. Spawns a void zone with a few seconds of charge time, then hits for 166,250-183,750 Physical every 0.5 sec before exploding.
Interrupt Blue Crush, kite around the Destructolaser, and don't stand in the Pure Rock'n Roll.
This encounter, like most in the Brawler's Guild, has a two minute enrage timer, so 87.2KDPS will be required for victory.
- Destructobyte yells: I am Destructobyte, the great ursurper! And as you can see, I have found your secret plans!
- Destructobyte yells: Fools! You thought they were hidden, deep in the sands of Uldum...
- Destructobyte yells: Now, choke on your own hubris!
- Destructobyte yells: Ah- hah hah hah hah haaa!
During the Cataclysm beta, Epicus Maximus, the Paragon of Epicosity, could be found circling the Maelstrom in front of Thrall and Aggra. The shark-dinosaur-Forsaken combination appeared in the Maelstrom after hearing that players considered the area not epic enough. The trio was removed before Cataclysm went live, but made a cameo in the Uldum zone, where the used to subjugate some cursed engineers will sometimes display the trio and play some epic background music.
- Product description: Have Epicus Maximus, the mythical creature from the Cataclysm Beta, beneath under the palm of your hand! This epic-sized gaming QcK+ mousepad from SteelSeries will be premiering at this year's BlizzCon, available only while these supplies last. Guaranteed to be a collector's item!
- The laser beam attached to the shark's head is likely a homage to the movie Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, which had the film's antagonist furious that he couldn't acquire "frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads". Or Austin Powers: Goldmember where the film antagonist's son actually gets him "Sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads."
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Added.
- ^ The Maelstrom? (2010-07-20). Archived from the original on 2011-12-01. Retrieved on 2011-09-19.
- ^ http://us.battle.net/blizzcon/en/event-info/store/
- ^ http://thegregcapullo.deviantart.com/art/Epicus-Maximus-265321380