Eredun (a.k.a. Demonic) is the language of demons. Knowing that other sentient beings would inevitably join the Legion, the eredar declared that their primary language called Eredun would be the Legion's common language. The written version of the language of the nathrezim vaguely resembles Eredun.
Before the addition of demon hunters, it was not possible possible for players to learn this language, so anything spoken in it was indecipherable. However, warlocks under the effect of and used to be able to understand and converse in Demonic. The warlock spell also causes the target to temporarily speak in Demonic.
This is a list of Eredun phrases and words, for which the translations have been officially confirmed by Blizzard.
- A-rul shach kigon = I will eat your heart.
- Anach kyree = Miserable insect.
- Draenei = Exiled ones.
- Draenor = Exiles' Refuge.
- Galtak Ered'nash = All Hail the Burning Blade.
- Gor'om haguul = Meddling dog.
- Katra zil shukil = Suffer and perish.
- Krosnis = Furnace.
- Man'ari = Unnatural beings. Used to describe "something that is hideously and fundamentally wrong" by the draenei.
- Rakeesh = Butcher.
- Shaza-kiel! = Surrender your soul!
- Azhir uval nutarus = "Let this scar signify the first blow against the mortal world."
- Azhir mudas ethanul = "From this seal shall arise the doom of men."
- Dalektharu il dask daku = "Who, in their arrogance, sought to wield our fire as their own."
- Riftuuz e thara samanar utamus = "Blindly they build their kingdoms upon stolen knowledge and conceit."
- Elas umanes azarathan rakas ibna = "Now they shall be consumed by the very flame they sought to control."
- Belanora mordanos nenaar ila mornu farlos kada = "Let the echoes of doom resound across this wretched world, that all who live may hear them and despair."
- Amir gul xi azrathud, karkun = "Test not my patience, mortal." said by the satyr Lorax (requires the ability to understand Demonic)
Other Eredun words and phrases
- A-kreesh! - No translation, said by both Omor the Unscarred and Archimonde during knockback moves.
- Achor she-ki! - No translation, said by Omor the Unscarred in Hellfire Ramparts.
- Akim-kurai! - No translation, said by Archimonde in Hellfire Citadel.
- Akmin-kurai! - No translation, said by Archimonde at Hyjal Summit. (Also used as the name of a shield from Blackwing Descent.)
- Akris nor-menoth! - Said by Zelifrax Wobblepox to open a demonic portal.
- Amanare maev il azgalada zila ashj ashj zila enkil! - Said by Mannoroth in the Well of Eternity
- Anukh-Kyrie! - No translation, said by Kil'jaeden at Sunwell Plateau. Possibly related to "Anach-kyree" above.
- Ash nath kimbatuul! - Said by Tichondrius in Warcraft III and Dreadlord Jaina in Heroes of the Storm.
- Asj no amir! - No translation, said by Marketa's Doomguard minion in Ashran.
- Azhir manari kirel. Akim manari galar! - Said by Kil'jaeden while bestowing his blessing upon Akaari Shadowgore.
- Claatu, Veraata, Niktu! - Said by Prince Xavalis at some point.
- Der'ek... manul. - Said by Grand Warlock Alythess upon being killed in Sunwell Plateau.
- Edir harach! - Said by Grand Warlock Alythess upon killing a player in Sunwell Plateau.
- Ee-nok Kryul! - Said by Lady Sacrolash upon killing a player in Sunwell Plateau.
- Ered'achor, shudas'urzul... kurai. - Said by Val'zuun while opening the Twisted Gateway to Shadowgore Citadel.
- Ered'nash ban galar - From Cycle of Hatred - a phrase used to invoke communication with demon lords.
- Ered'nash havik yrthog - From Cycle of Hatred - a phrase used to invoke communication with demon lords.
- Kirest-alak yrthog norush... Gal nortalesh da val... Zor-arik var telosh (or possibly teloth) - Said by Zelifrax Wobblepox while channeling on a demonic portal.
- Ik il romath sardon - Said by Sal'salabim during .
- Lok thorje sorankar! - No translation, said by Archimonde during .
- Ka kalix! - Said by Sal'salabim upon attacking the player during .
- Kar Dan'Ashj! - No translation, said by Aargoss at the end of the message relayed via a Legion Communicator during .
- Kirel narak! - Yelled by Kazzak after killing a player, by Mal'Ganis breaking out of Barean Westwind's body, and from Archimonde death-branding in Hellfire Citadel.
- Kirel volosh! - Said by a Shadowgore Bloodmaiden disguised as Akaari Shadowgore in Dalaran.
- Manach sheek-thrish! - No translation, said by Archimonde at Hyjal Summit.
- Reesh, hokta! - No translation, said by Azgalor at Hyjal Summit.
- Revos ill ok mordanas archim maz naztheros! Archim xi ante maz-re mishun te nagas! - Said by Illidan Stormrage during the Mannoroth and Varo'then fight.
- Sheet-sah - No translation, said by Dalliah the Doomsayer as a name or title or insult for Soccothrates.
- Phrase - Heard at the Temple of the Damned.
- X adare laz rikk veni shi - No translation, said (rarely) by Satyrs in Blackfathom Deeps upon attacking players.
- Xar il romath da tidesbi - A grave insult against Sargeras that would lead to one's immediate death.
So we can summarise that:
- Draen means "exile" or "exiled"
- Ei means "one" or "ones"
- Or means "refuge" in Eredun.
- Achor she-ki! - May mean "Feast my Pet", or "Eat your fill!" other phrases said by Omor.
- "Galtak Ered'nash!" ("All Hail the Burning Blade") may also be Eredun, but this questions the meaning of the name "eredar." It is not known if the name "eredar" has any sort of translation. "Ered" clearly has a specific meaning, as evidenced by "eredar," "ered'nash," and "ered'ruin." It is possible that it can be rendered as either "burning" or "corrupt", depending on context.
It is also probable that "sha" means "light". "No", me, often said.
- Ered'ruin = "doomguard"
- Shat = "Light".
- Ruin = "Guard".
- il/ila/Zil - May mean "and" by using speculation that Eredun maybe changes word "and" trough genders.
Words in "Demonic" (Eredun)
This is the list of words created by the in-game language parser for the Demonic language, and is listed as language number eight (word range 547-672) in the Language text file. It shares words from Titan, Draconic and Draenei language parsers, although with slight differences in the word lists in each. Draenei cannot understand "Demonic" (Eredun).
Note: The language algorithm used by the in-game "translator" merely makes the words look like "Demonic" (Eredun). It does not actually translate words. Therefore, translated in-game speech isn't true "Demonic" (Eredun). It is not certain if these words are true words in the Eredun language or not.
|Number of letters in word||Word List|
|One-letter words||A, E, I, G, O, U, X, Y|
|Two-letter words||Az, Il, Me, No, Re, Te, Ul, Ur, Xi, Za, Ze|
|Three-letter words||Asj, Daz, Gul, Kar, Laz, Lek, Lok, Maz, Ril, Ruk, Shi, Tor, Zar|
|Four-letter words||Alar, Aman, Amir, Ante, Ashj, Kiel, Maev, Maez, Orah, Parn, Raka, Rikk, Veni, Zenn, Zila|
|Five-letter words||Adare, Belan, Buras, Enkil, Golad, Gular, Kamil, Melar, Modas, Nagas, Rakir, Refir, Revos, Soran, Tiros, Zekul|
|Six-letter words||Arakal, Archim, Azgala, Karkun, Kazile, Mannor, Mishun, Rakkan, Rakkas, Rethul, Revola, Thorje, Tichar|
|Seven-letter words||Amanare, Belaros, Danashj, Faramos, Gulamir, Karaman, Kieldaz, Rethule, Tiriosh, Toralar, Zennshi|
|Eight-letter words||Amanalar, Ashjraka, Azgalada, Azrathud, Belankar, Enkilzar, Kirasath, Maladath, Mordanas, Romathis, Rukadare, Sorankar, Theramas|
|Nine-letter words||Arakalada, Kanrethad, Melarorah, Nagasraka, Naztheros, Soranaman, Teamanare, Zilthuras|
|Ten-letter words||Amanemodas, Ashjrethul, Benthadoom, Burasadare, Enkilgular, Kamilgolad, Matheredor, Melarnagas, Pathrebosh, Ticharamir, Zennrakkan|
|Eleven-letter words||Archimtiros, Ashjrakamas, Kamilgolad, Mannorgulan, Mishunadare, Zekulrakkas|
"Amanare" represents two separate words in the Demonic language parser, as words #627 and #628. As such both versions of the word are used to filter two separate sets of words, based on hidden criteria.
Language/dialect, which may not have the same meaning in demonic Eredun.
- ^ The Warcraft Encyclopedia/Burning Legion
- ^ a b Descent, 6
- ^ a b Descent, 5
- ^ Races of WoW - Draenei
- ^ Rise of the Horde, pg. 57
- ^ Cycle of Hatred, 163
- ^ Ultimate Visual Guide
- ^ Rise of the Horde, pg. 18, 80
- ^ Descent, 4
- ^ a b c d e f The Destruction of Dalaran
- ^ a b
- ^ a b
- ^ World of Warcraft Trading Card Game: Crown of the Heavens. Blizzard Entertainment. 35.
- ^ Forward Commander To'arch