Eressea Dawnsinger (tactics)
|Title||<Grand Champion of Silvermoon>|
|Race||Blood elf (Humanoid)|
|Location||Crusaders' Coliseum, Icecrown|
Like every Horde champion, she is only encountered by Alliance players. Her carbon copy encountered by horde players is Ambrose Boltspark, a male gnome.
The Lich King is relentless, his undead armies pouring forth to overwhelm his foes. To prepare would-be champions against him, Highlord Tirion Fordring presents a test of courage, endurance, and teamwork. His hardened veterans will weed out those who lack the stomach to face the ravening throngs of undead.
- Fireball — Pretty standard, and not at all damaging, hitting for about 2k a shot.
- Polymorph — The only real threat Dawnsinger employs, he can randomly Polymorph any of the players for a little while. It's a good idea to try to interrupt this, or else simply dispel quickly, as she can target whoever's tanking the more dangerous bosses.
- Blast Wave — A bit more disruptive, and somewhat more dangerous, owing that any of the other Champions may be using their AoE abilities as well. Hits for about 2k and knocks the group back.
- Haste — If you've a Mage in your group, make sure they've Dawnsinger on focus. Spellsteal this for a 100% buff to your spell haste. Otherwise, use standard dispel tactics to avoid a sudden outpour of nigh-uninterruptible fireballs.
The best way to avoid danger she puts out is to have your anti-spell skills & counters at the ready, don't waste CD's on her because she is not worth it spoiling them seeing as she hardly does any melee damage. Also, one average level 80 rogue should be able to kill her if he or she interrupts her spells in time.
Also, when playing the encounter as a tank be sure you pull her away from the back wall/colliseum entrance door, there seems to be a bug which makes it impossible for ranged dps'ers to damage her.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Added.