As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
- Never be too sure you have a gnome cornered
Escape Artist is a gnome racial ability that removes any immobilization or movement speed reduction effects. It is based around gnomes' small size and great agility, allowing them to deftly escape traps and snares made for much larger targets.
- While it will remove all roots and snares, it will not work on any effect that takes away the user's ability to move/act, such as Sleep effects, Fear effects, Incapacitate effects, Stun effects or .
- It does not protect you from future debuffs, and must be recast to remove any further roots and snares.
- Escape Artist cannot be resisted. It will wipe snares and roots 100% of the time.
- Does not remove the Dazed effect caused by mobs, however it will remove the Dazed effect caused by players.
Tips and tactics
- The best application for this is removing Boss debuffs that include a snare (or root). If a debuff has "Slows movement speed AND does 65 damage ever 1 second", it will remove both the slow speed AND the damage over time spell from you, in one sweep. This will work as long as the spell includes a root or snare, ie roots you in place, or slows your movement speed.
- PvP examples:
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now a 1 minute cooldown, down from 1.5.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Now has a spell animation associated with its effect.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now has a 1.5-minute cooldown, down from 1.75. In addition, it is now possible to use and waste this ability when not snared or rooted. This is consistent with other dispels.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Escape Artist is now instant cast, down from 0.5 seconds.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-13): Escape Artist works with Frost Nova and Frost Trap again.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Added.