Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Escape From Shaz'gul
91 (Requires 90)
+500 Council of Exarchs
- Inspire Yrel
- Escape Shaz'gul with Yrel
I've failed, <name>...
My squadron was caught by a wandering patrol. We fought fiercely, but the alarm had been raised. The rangari forced me into hiding before surrendering themselves to the enemy.
They were under MY command, and they gave their lives... for what? I... I'm not sure what to do, <name>.
We need to get out of here, but how?
You will receive one of:
Speak with Yrel:
- It's hopeless. How are we going to get out of here?
- We can't give up now! Heroes learn from their mistakes.
- Yrel says: A hero? Hardly! I am just an initiate, and not a very good one at that.
- You must choose, Yrel. Will you rise and fight, or fall here to doubt?
- Yrel says: You are right, <name>. My choices do matter. I choose... to fight!
- We all start from humble beginnings. I began this life in the service of the Lich King. (Death Knight)
- We all start from humble beginnings. My life began after I emerged from the wreckage of the Exodar. (Draenei)
- We all start from humble beginnings. I once hunted troggs in the cold mountains of Dun Morogh. (Dwarf/Gnome)
- We all start from humble beginnings. I took my first steps outside an abbey in Elwynn forest. (Human)
- We all start from humble beginnings. I began my journey in the tranquil boughs of Teldrassil. (Night Elf)
- We all start from humble beginnings. Once, I was just a trainee on a faraway isle called Shen-zin Su. (Pandaren)
- We all start from humble beginnings. My story began on the streets of Gilneas. (Worgen)
- Yrel says: I see, <name>. You have never backed down from a challenge. I must strive to do the same.
- Pull yourself together, Yrel! You can do better than this!
- Yrel says: Oh! I needed to hear that, <name>. I must not fall prey to my own fears.
- Believe in the Light! Despite setbacks, it will always prevail.
- Yrel says: Is it true? Good doesn't always triumph over evil.
- The Light is only as strong as its champions. Believe in YOURSELF.
- Yrel says: You are truly wise, <name>. I must beleive in myself, for I carry the Light within me.
- 'Doubt the Light' just doesn't have the same ring to it.
- Yrel says: You choose the strangest times for humor, <class>. Nevertheless, you have a point, I must have courage.
- Your people have triumphed over endless persecution. Will you let their hopes die here without a fight?
- Yrel says: You are right, <name>. I will not bow quietly to these enemies. I must fight!
- Think of your people. The captives still need our help!
- Yrel says: Why? What is the use of saving them? Only death awaits us all in the end.
- You cannot abandon them to this fate. If we forsake our friends now, we are no better than Ner'zhul.
- Yrel says: You're absolutely right, <name>. Samaara and the others are depending on us. For them, I must survive!
- It is not our deaths that matter in the end, but how we live. How will you live, Yrel?
- Yrel says: I will live to protect the righteous, the helpless, and the hopeless. You are a wise teacher, <name>.
- Your allies' lives will mean nothing if you give up here. Let their sacrifice inspire you.
- Yrel says: Let us do this.
- Yrel says: Detonating the explosives... now!
- Shadowmoon Voidaxe says: Look! Fire!
- Shadowmoon Voidaxe says: Aaauuughh!
- Ner'zhul says: There are still enemies among us. EVERYONE TO ARMS!
- Ner'zhul says: Seal the exits! No draenei scum leaves this village alive!
- Ner'zhul leads the Voidaxes away toward the buildings.
- Yrel says: Now's our chance. Let's go!
- Shadowmoon Ritualist yells: Stop them! No one gets out of the city!
- Shadowmoon Voidaxe yells: You thought you can get away so easily? Attack!
- Shadowmoon Voidaxe yells: This is the end of your race, Draenei!
- Shadowmoon Voidbinder yells: Get those peons under control! You heard Ner'zhul, no one leaves this village!
- Shadowmoon Voidbinder yells: There is no escape!
- Shadowmoon Peon yells: Aaaah!
- Shadowmoon Peon says: Someone find water!
Fight through several waves of orcs, culminating with a fight against Terrorfang at the gates.
- Shadowmoon Reaver yells: Terrorfang will put an end to you.
- Yrel says: Thank you, <name>. I will meet you back at Twilight Glade.
I could never have done it without you, <name>. Your words unlocked something within me which I have not felt before.
Call it what you wish - resolve, conviction, faith. I will not soon forget this, <class>.
- 20750 XP
- +500 Council of Exarchs reputation
On completion of both this quest and , Scout Valdez flies in:
- Scout Valdez says: Commander! Shadowmoon forces are gathering up outside of the garrison. Our troops are in defensive positions and await your orders.
- Complete both:
- Complete all of:
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-11-13): "Players can now receive completion credit for the quest by defeating Terrorfang at the end."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.