Brain Storm, , ,
- For those trained to draw on its power, the wellspring of magical energy is limitless.
Evocation is a level 20 Arcane mage mana regeneration utility spell that allows the mage to recover mana very quickly, even in battle. It has a 3 minute cooldown, but this is reduced by 50% at level 56.
The spell is channeled over 6 seconds, during which time the mage cannot take any other action without prematurely ending the spell.
- allows Evocation to be channeled while moving.
- has a chance to grant Evocation for 1 second at any time with no interruption or cooldown.
- Brain Storm increases Intellect for every second spent channeling Evocation. Bonus Intellect lasts for 30 seconds.
- Haste reduces the amount of time Evocation channels. However, high levels of Haste do not seem to reduce the amount of mana regenerated by Evocation.
- Evocation is unaffected by spell pushback.
- According to some sources, Evocation is one of the Schools of Arcane magic.
- "Evocate" is often used as a verb; to evocate is to channel the Evocation spell.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Evocation once again increases mana regeneration for its duration rather than restoring a fixed amount of mana.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now available at level 20. Cooldown increased to 3 minutes. New rank available at level 56 that reduces its cooldown to 1.5 minutes.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Evocation no longer consumes Arcane Charges, and now restores 100% of total mana over 6 seconds. Cooldown reduced to 1.5 minutes. New spell animation.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now available only to Arcane mages.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): For Arcane Mages, Evocation now restores 40% (was 60%) of total mana over 6 seconds, and consumes all Arcane Charges. For each Arcane Charge consumed, the total amount of mana regenerated is increased by 10%, up to a maximum of 80% over 6 seconds. Evocation remains the same for Fire and Frost.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now available at level 40. Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes. Now causes the caster to gain 15% of total mana instantly and 45% of total mana over 6 sec.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now trained at level 12.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Cooldown reduced to 4 minutes, and the talent Arcane Flows reduces this cooldown further by 1m/2m.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Evocation now regenerates 15% of total mana every 2 seconds rather than increasing Spirit based regeneration.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25):
- Abilities that grant a power increases (such as Evocation) were changed to guarantee a consistent number of ticks of regeneration at the increased level. For Evocation, this means that as soon as the spell is cast, a single tick of mana regeneration will be awarded at the normal level, then exactly 2 seconds and every 2 seconds after, the 1500% of mana regeneration will be returned, guaranteeing a full 4 ticks of increased regen every time. Previously, with unfortunate timing, increased mana would be returned on only 3 ticks.
- Animation changed to the new cyclone spell effect. Undocumented.
- Patch 1.12.0 (2006-08-22): Evocation can no longer be used while silenced.
- Patch 1.11.0 (2006-06-20): This spell is no longer a talent, and can instead be trained at Level 20 from any mage trainer. Cooldown reduced to 8 minutes, down from 10 minutes.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Reduced cooldown.