- Showing weakness to a Warrior is a death sentence.
Execute is a level 8 Arms and Fury warrior ability. Execute can only be used when the target is below 20% health. Execute has no cooldown (except for the global cooldown). Base cost is 10 Rage for Arms warriors, and 25 Rage for Fury warriors.
Execute is far and away the hardest hitting single strike in a warrior's arsenal. Proper use of Execute is one of the most important skills for warriors in both PvP and PvE.
Tips and tactics
When an enemy with a lot of health such as a heroic or raid boss gets below 20% health, both Fury and Arms warriors should change their rotation to spamming Execute. However it is worth refreshing on the target whenever possible.
- Execute is a basic Warrior spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "It's okay, he deserved it."
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2017-06-13): "Extra Executes from Sweeping Strikes now correctly benefit from the Precise Strikes Artifact Trait."
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): (Arms) Execute damage increased by 25%. If the target does not die, 30% of the Rage spent on Execute is refunded.
- Hotfix (2016-10-25): "Execute now deals 15% more damage in PvP situations."
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Damage increased by 8%.
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Execute (Fury) damage increased by 5%."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Protection warriors. Damage for Arms increased by 20%. Damage for Fury increased by 32.8%.
- Hotfix (2016-03-03): "Now deals 10% less damage against another player."
- Patch 6.1.0 (2015-02-24): Damage decreased by 11.4%.
- Hotfix (2014-10-14): "[Arms] Resolved an issue where Execute could incorrectly cause the Warrior to receive 100 Rage."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Arms: Now costs 10 Rage, and consumes up to 30 additional Rage to deal additional damage. Sudden Death causes auto-attack hits to have a 10% chance to make the next Execute free and useable on any target, regardless of health level. These Executes do not consume additional Rage to deal additional damage.
- Fury: Crazed Berserker now also causes Execute to hit with the off-hand weapon.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now deals 15% less damage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Can now be used in any stance and cost 30 Rage, up from 10. No longer consumes additional Rage for more damage.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Damage has been reduced by approximately 17%.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This ability now never costs more than a total of 30 rage. The tooltip for has been revised to remove reference to that maximum, since the ability now behaves that way even when untalented.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): When used with , ranks 6 and 7 of this ability will no longer cause full damage to secondary targets who are not wounded.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Full rage is no longer consumed when the ability does not hit.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Added.