|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
- The Light glares brightest upon the most sinister of foes.
- Valorous Aegis Battlegear (level 80) - 2/5 increases the damage done by your Exorcism and Hammer of Wrath abilities by 10%.
Calling upon the forces of light and purity, the Paladin is able to dispel the walking dead that plague the lands of Azeroth. Exorcism can be used to cause injury to entire groups of these undead terrors, or to utterly eradicate a lone creature. These creatures of Hades seem to gain strength in numbers, thus the greater number of undead that are exorcised within a group, the less actual damage each undead will take. This act is extremely taxing upon the Paladin, making it necessary for him to observe a period of rest before once again invoking this great power.
Tips and tricks
- Amount of damage dealt by Exorcism is increased by 15% of your attack power and 15% of your Spell power.
- Exorcism is one of the few ranged attacks available to Paladins.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Damage increased by 20%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): 's effects have been merged into baseline Exorcism.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a Retribution specialization ability. Instant cast. No longer guarantees a critical hit against Undead or Demon targets. Now generates Holy Power.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Damage has been increased by approximately 50%.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04):
- Patch 3.1.1a (2009-04-28): "..fix[ed] the tooltip to display the appropriate text; it also displays an error message when a player tries to use it against other players."
- Patch 3.1.1 (2009-04-21): "..the paladin ability Exorcism cannot damage other players, but the player game client does not display this change properly."
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now can be used on any target and has a 100% chance to be a critical strike when used on Undead and Demons.