Expedition Base Camp
|This article is a location stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
Expedition Base Camp is the first subzone of Ulduar located at the entrance of the instance. It is literally the base camp for an expedition composed of Brann Bronzebeard's Explorers' League and a group sent by the Kirin Tor. Shielded from Yogg-Saron by a reflective magical shield, it contains a group of hired goblins and gnomes working on building siege vehicles from salvaged Titan technology, as well as the commanders of the expedition. A Lore Keeper of Norgannon, similar to the one in Uldaman, is being investigated at the center of the camp, and will activate Ulduar's orbital defenses at the player's discretion.
- Archmage Pentarus
- Archmage Rhydian
- Brann Bronzebeard
- High Explorer Dellorah
- Lore Keeper of Norgannon
- On approach
- High Explorer Dellorah says: I heard a story or two of a Lore Keeper in Uldaman that fit your description. Do you serve a similar purpose?
- Lore Keeper of Norgannon says: I was constructed to serve as a repository for essential information regarding this complex. My primary functions include communicating the status of the frontal defense systems and assessing the status of the entity that this complex was built to imprison.
- High Explorer Dellorah says: Frontal defense systems? Is there something I should let Brann know before he has anyone attempt to enter the complex?
- Lore Keeper of Norgannon says: Access to the interior of the complex is currently restricted. Primary defensive emplacements are active. Secondary systems are currently non-active.
- High Explorer Dellorah says: Can you detail the nature of these defense systems?
- Lore Keeper of Norgannon says: Compromise of complex detected, security override enabled - query permitted.
- Lore Keeper of Norgannon says: Primary defensive emplacements consist of iron constructs and Storm Beacons, which will generate additional constructs as necessary. Secondary systems consist of orbital defense emplacements.
- High Explorer Dellorah says: Got it. At least we don't have to deal with those orbital emplacements.
- High Explorer Dellorah says: Rhydian, make sure you let Brann and Archmage Pentarus know about those defenses immediately.
- High Explorer Dellorah says: And you mentioned an imprisoned entity? What is the nature of this entity and what is its status?
- Archmage Rhydian nods.
- Rhydian runs off to where Brann and Pentarus are standing.
- Lore Keeper of Norgannon says: Entity designate: Yogg-Saron. Security has been compromised. Prison operational status unknown. Unable to contact Watchers for notification purposes.
- High Explorer Dellorah says: Yogg-Saron is here? It sounds like we really will have our hands full then.
- Interrupting High Explorer Dellorah through activating hard mode
- Lore Keeper of Norgannon
Activate secondary defensive systems.
Activating secondary defensive systems will result in the extermination of unauthorized life forms via orbital emplacements.
You are an unauthorized life form. Please confirm.
Security override permitted. Secondary defensive systems activated.
Backup deactivation for secondary systems can be accessed via individual generators located on the concourse.
- Lore Keeper of Norgannon says: Deactivating.
- High Explorer Dellorah yells: What... What did you just do, <name>?! Brann! Braaaaannn!
- Dellorah runs over to Brann.
- High Explorer Dellorah yells: Brann! <Name> just activated the orbital defense system! If we don't get out of here soon, we're going to be toast!
- Enabling the machines by talking to Brann
- It's a good thing you guys showed up! The Iron Dwarves have pushed us back to this location, and we're barely managing to hold the line here.
- Even worse, they've begun to power up their magical defenses. If we don't attack soon, they'll be able to annihilate us in the blink of an eye!
- We've managed to rebuild several siege machines, demolishers and motorcycles from the Alliance and Horde expeditions that were here before us. However, all of our pilots died in the last assault.
- You must take the vehicles and storm the gates of Ulduar!
- Please, <name>! You're our last hope!
We're ready. Begin the assault!
- Brann Bronzebeard yells: Pentarus, you heard the man. Have your mages release the shield and let these brave souls through!
- Archmage Pentarus yells: Of course, Brann. We will have the shield down momentarily.
- Brann Bronzebeard says: Okay! Let's move out. Get into your machines; I'll speak to you from here via the radio!
- Archmage Pentarus yells: Mages of the Kirin Tor, on Brann's Command, release the shield! Defend this platform and our allies with your lives! For Dalaran!
- Brann Bronzebeard yells: Our allies are ready. Bring down the shield and make way!
- First mob pulled
- Brann Bronzebeard says: The iron dwarves have been seen emerging from the bunkers at the base of the pillars straight ahead of you. Destroy the bunkers and they will be forced to fall back.
- First mob killed
- Bronzebeard Radio says: There are four generators powering the defense structures. If you sabotage the generators, the missile attacks will stop!
- Near the Tower of Life
- Bronzebeard Radio says: You're approaching the tower of Freya. It contains the power to turn barren wastelands into jungles teeming with life overnight.
- Near the Tower of Flames
- Bronzebeard Radio says: This generator powers Mimiron's Gaze. In moments, it can turn earth to ash, stone to magma--we cannot let it reach full power!
- Near the Tower of Frost
- Bronzebeard Radio says: This tower powers the hammer of Hodir. It is said to have the power to turn entire armies to ice!
- Near the Tower of Storms
- Bronzebeard Radio says: Ah, the tower of Krolmir. It is said that the power of Thorim has been used only once... and that it turned an entire continent to dust.
- Near a RX-214 Repair-o-matic Station
- Bronzebeard Radio says: It appears you are near a repair station. Drive your vehicle on to the platform and it should be automatically repaired.
- Unused quote
- Bronzebeard Radio: The Control unit for the missile generator is on the top floor of the tower. If you can find a way to get up there, you can shut it down yourselves!