- Explosive Sheep
- Use: Summons an Explosive Sheep which will charge at a nearby enemy and explode for 150 damage. Lasts for 3 min or until it explodes.
- Requires Engineering (150)
- 1 Charge
- Sell Price: 10
- “Exploding sheep... now why would you even make such a thing!?”
Explosive Sheep will wander around for up to 3 minutes, charge at a nearby enemy within some range (?), and explode for 135 to 165 damage when it hits the enemy. Has only 1 charge.
In the RPG
It is perhaps the goblins’ delicious — most other races say “dangerous” — sense of humor that gets them into the most trouble. Bring up the exploding sheep incident of the war against the Burning Legion in any tavern in Booty Bay and the goblins there roar with laughter and buy you a drink, each desiring to tell his or her own version of the story.
The tales differ, but most agree that after the Burning Legion had invaded the plague-ridden Lordaeron, most people were dead, undead or fled. One, a goblin tinker merchant traveling through the town, started making mechanical animals to distract any Burning Legion demons so that he could make his slow and panicked way south. One of these devices was cobbled together from wool, wood and some primitive clockwork. On a whim, he decided to fill it full of explosives and have it totter towards the demons. When it exploded, he decided, he would flee in the chaos that followed.
He didn’t expect a demon, a dim-witted felguard, to pick up the sheep and inspect it. He damned himself for outfitting it with a timer and not a remote, but he nearly squealed with glee with the curious demon popped the treat into its mouth. The resulting explosion of demon parts was definitely enough for the tinker to get away, laughing so hard he nearly gave himself away.
Now the mechanical sheep has a bit more thought — and a lot more explosives — put into it. The goblins mainly make them to amuse themselves, giving their enemies a moment of confusion before death, but they are powerful explosives in their own right.
This item is created with Engineering (150); taught by trainers.
As a quest objective
The subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft.
- (for specializing in Goblin Engineering).
- The sheep is currently bugged, it won't do anything unless attacked.
- The Explosive Sheep appears as a common card in the Goblins vs Gnomes expansion of Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "How is this supposed to work? Your enemies think, "Hey! Cute sheep!" and run over to cuddle it?"