The ExtraActionButton1 is a UI element that appears during certain boss fights and quests that gives the player access to special fight-specific or quest-specific powers.
This UI element is mildly notorious because it is not handled properly by some UI replacement add-ons, robbing users of the ability, often with fatal results. The most common workaround is the following macro:
although it is also possible to bind it to a key through the standard key bindings.
Quests and boss encounters
- Ultraxion (Dragon Soul)
- Madness of Deathwing (Dragon Soul)
- 1 and II (Valley of the Four Winds)
- Dread Wastes (players who have progressed far enough along the quest chain gain a Klaxxi Enhancement)
- Corrupted Taran Zhu (Shado-Pan Monastery)
- Feng the Accursed (Mogu'shan Vaults)
- Wind Lord Mel'jarak (Heart of Fear)
- Ji-Kun (Throne of Thunder)
- Anthracite (Brawler's Guild)
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Added.