Eyes of the Beast
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
|Eyes of the Beast|
Take direct control of your pet and see through its eyes for 1 min.
- Very useful for scouting.
- Useful for pulling mobs.
- You cannot talk to NPCs while holding control of your pet.
- You cannot use Eyes of the Beast if you are in combat or start combat by pulling aggro with the pet while you're controlling it.
Eyes of the Beast Tips
- Try to have teammates to guard you for when the mob is pulled.
- If you are in an area where you can cast , but you cannot see your target, you can use Eyes of the Beast to position your camera (attached to your pet) to another area and cast Eagle Eye from the pet's point of view.
Eyes of the Beast will likely not be making a return to the game any time soon. Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street, answering a question at BlizzCon 2013 regarding the hunter ability, said that Eyes of the Beast was actually clipped from the game code. It would be a non-trivial matter to add it back, and would come at the cost of adding some other ability to the game. He acknowledged the desire in the hunter class community to have Eyes of the Beast back, but noted that there is no great solution at this time. In reply to a question on Twitter in 2016, he more clearly stated that it was "not hard [to bring back Eyes of the Beast]," but again reminded the community that it would cost development time on something else.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Removed.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-13): Cast time reduced.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): You can no longer use Eyes of the Beast to leave a flight path.
- ^ MarcelianOnline 2013-11-16. World of Warcraft Q&A Full Panel - Blizzcon 2013 (HD).
- ^ Greg Street on Twitter (2016-01-24). “@Spinner981 @JesseGammon It's not hard. It's just not free. A week of that engineer's time is a week she's not working on something else.”