Faction Assaults are a feature added in patch 8.1.0, consisting of the invasion by Alliance or Horde forces of an area, triggering a zone wide event. They are similar to Legion's Legion Assaults, but lack instanced scenarios.
- Main article: Assault on Tiragarde Sound
- Main article: Assault on Stormsong Valley
- Main article: Assault on Drustvar
- Main article: Assault on Zuldazar
- Main article: Assault on Nazmir
- Main article: Assault on Vol'dun
- When they were first announced during a Developer Live Stream, they were called incursions.
- It was also said that they would culminate in a scenario at the end like the Legion Assaults. This, however, didn't make it to live.
- The world quests activated by the faction assaults do not count towards the criteria of the quest .