Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Fade is a level 38 priest spell, used for temporary aggro reduction while in groups.
Fade itself is not useful in single combat, in sneaking past enemies, or in escaping a target while not in a group. Fade only reduces your threat relative to the mob's other possible targets.
Fade's basic function is to reduce all Priest-generated threat for the duration of the spell, taking the Priest off the top of the threat list. This allows a priest to use Fade to get enemies off of them while they heal their party and raid members. The key is to not use Fade too soon, otherwise it will be cooling down when it's needed, and to not use it too late, or else it won't matter. It is a common misconception that using Fade regularly will help lower a priest's overall threat for the duration of an encounter.
When Fade's duration expires, the next threat-generating action will generate normal threat plus all the threat that was originally Faded from the target. If the Priest is unable to properly manage their aggro while Faded, this means that the original target will attack the Priest again, this time while fade is on cooldown.
- Fade uses an Arcane animation, though it is a Shadow spell.
- The spell used by the Brotherhood of Northshire might have inspired the priest Fade spell.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Mana cost removed.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Fade is now a single-rank spell and will now temporarily remove all threat instead of a specific amount based on rank.
- Patch 0.6 (2004-04-13): Added.