|This article is an NPC stub. You can help expand it by editing it.
|It is requested that a screenshot or screenshots be included in this article to improve its quality.|
|Race||Draenor ancient (Elemental)|
First encountered as a Lifeless Protector, Fangraal must be empowered through by gathering 3,000 Artifact Fragments for , in Stormshield Stronghold. Once empowered, he will push toward the Horde base, attacking any hostile characters he encounters.
Fangraal uses basic melee attacks. He also roots nearby attackers.
- Fangraal will attack hostile targets on sight, but seems to have a fairly small aggro radius, and is quite capable of ignoring nearby enemies.
For tips on Fangraal's role in the battle of Ashran, see Ashran.
- Summoning Treants
- Arise, my little sapling
- Out with the old, in with the…. new.
- From death…. sprouts life.
- We've done it! Fangraal marches into Ashran to cleanse the Horde filth. Don't let him die, Alliance!
- Fangraal has been slain by the Horde! Poor lil' guy.
Fangraal is often referred to by players as "Groot", or "Treesus".
Prior to January 2015, Fangraal used the Soul of the Forest ability to cause all nearby enemies slain to sprout Treant guardians upon death, who would defend Fangraal for a short period before expiring.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2015-01-07): Fangraal no longer uses the Soul of the Forest ability.
- Hotfix (2014-12-19): Fangraal and Kronus now costs 3000 Artifact Fragments to summon (up from 1000).
- Hotfix (2014-12-11): Fangraal and Kronus no longer scales their health based the number of players they're fighting. Each faction guardian's health now scales based on the number of enemy players active at the time when they're summoned.
- Hotfix (2014-12-08): Disabled health regeneration for Kronus, Fangraal, Grand Marshal Tremblade, and High Warlord Volrath when they leash or drop out of combat.
- Hotfix (2014-12-05): To address a potential pathing issue, Fangraal, Kronus, and faction Captains now continuously push towards the enemy faction's base.
- Hotfix (2014-11-25): Fangraal and Kronus now have 25% less health.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.