|Race||Draenor ancient (Elemental)|
First encountered as a Lifeless Protector, Fangraal must be empowered by gathering 3,000 Artifact Fragments for Anenga in Stormshield Stronghold. Once empowered, he will push toward the Horde base, attacking any hostile characters he encounters.
- Entangling Roots — Deals X Nature damage and roots the target in place for until cancelled, dealing additional Nature damage every 5 sec.
- Entangling Roots — Deals X Nature damage plus an additional Y Nature damage over 8 sec while rooted.
- Wild Growth — Heals nearby friendly X health every 1 sec.
- Soul of the Forest — When enemies die within Fangraal's vision, a Treant will sprout from their corpse to fight for the Alliance for 20 sec.
- Soul of the Forest — Summons a Treant when an enemy player is killed nearby Fangraal.
- On empowering Fangraal
- Anenga yells: We've done it! Fangraal marches into Ashran to cleanse the Horde filth. Don't let him die, Alliance!
- On Fangraal's death
- Anenga yells: Fangraal has been slain by the Horde! Poor lil' guy.
- Summoning Treants
- Arise, my little sapling.
- Out with the old, in with the…. new.
- From death…. sprouts life.
For tips on Fangraal's role in the battle of Ashran, see Ashran.
Notes and trivia
- Fangraal will attack hostile targets on sight, but seems to have a fairly small aggro radius, and is quite capable of ignoring nearby enemies.
- Fangraal is often referred to by players as "Groot", or "Treesus".
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Level increased to 112 from 102.
- Hotfix (2015-01-07): Fangraal no longer uses the Soul of the Forest ability.
- Hotfix (2014-12-19): Fangraal and Kronus now costs 3000 Artifact Fragments to summon (up from 1000).
- Hotfix (2014-12-11): Fangraal and Kronus no longer scales their health based the number of players they're fighting. Each faction guardian's health now scales based on the number of enemy players active at the time when they're summoned.
- Hotfix (2014-12-08): Disabled health regeneration for Kronus, Fangraal, Grand Marshal Tremblade, and High Warlord Volrath when they leash or drop out of combat.
- Hotfix (2014-12-05): To address a potential pathing issue, Fangraal, Kronus, and faction Captains now continuously push towards the enemy faction's base.
- Hotfix (2014-11-25): Fangraal and Kronus now have 25% less health.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.
- Kronus - Fangraal's Horde counterpart