Fangs of the Father
- Fangs of the Father
- +20 [+4] Agility
- +12 Critical Strike
Equip: Increases the damage dealt by Sinister Strike and Revealing Strike by 45%.
- Fangs of the Father (2 pieces)
- (2) Set: Your melee attacks have a chance to grant Shadows of the Destroyer, increasing your Agility by 9, stacking up to 50 times. Each application past 30 grants an increasing chance to trigger Fury of the Destroyer, which immediately grants 5 combo points and causes your finishing moves to generate 5 combo points. Lasts 6 sec.
- Combined stats.
The storyline continues the plot of the uncorrupted black dragon egg in the Badlands. Wrathion, a black dragon prince, has hatched from the egg. He offers the legendary quest line to rogues. It will be very time and gold consuming. The quests will involve killing some evil dragons and collecting holy ingredients from the 5-player dungeons as well as the Deathwing raid dungeon. The legendary weapon will have an effect that is designed specifically for rogues.
- Patch 4.3 will offer the most deadly and experienced rogues the opportunity to finally play a central role in the fate of the world the rogue’s way: by manipulating key events from the shadows. Players will travel across continents to accomplish crucial missions of reconnaissance, burglary, infiltration and, of course, assassination. Those familiar with the events that unfolded in the Badlands since the Cataclysm struck may recall the story of Rheastrasza, the ambitious red dragon who acquired a black dragon egg and magically purified it, cleansing it of the Black Dragonflight’s corruption. While those events may lead to a more hopeful destiny for Azeroth, it will take cleverness, stealth, skill, and the help of a few friends to unravel the web of intrigue that will reveal what became of the egg… and determine the fate of Deathwing himself.
- Rogues willing to do whatever is necessary to ignite a brighter future must first delve into the Dragon’s Soul raid dungeon to begin the quest line. Those who prove their prowess within will be set on a collision course with Ravenholdt Manor and the enigmatic Black Prince, Wrathion. This shadowy figure could be the key to victory for the mortal races, but what is his true agenda? Before the truth behind these mysteries are revealed, enterprising assassins will need to fight tense raid battles against Deathwing’s most powerful minions, and embark alone on perilous missions to seal the fate of the Black Dragonflight. The quest culminates in the earth-scorching execution of Deathwing himself and a shocking revelation about the true nature of the mission.
- Rogues who succeed will receive a paired set of daggers that will become increasingly lethal as their bearer progresses along the legendary quest. At the height of their strength, they will be imbued with the vile essence of the Old Gods, as well as the maddened fury of the Black Dragonflight -- bestowing great power upon their bearer. These powers include a stacking increase to Agility which builds until dark wings unfurl from the rogue’s back, removing the combo point cost and increasing damage of finishing moves for a short time. In addition, the wings which can be spread on command (with no combat benefit) to slow a rapid descent, allowing the rogue to slowly fall to the ground… or enact a little death from above! When it comes to dealing death, the Fangs of the Father promise legendary killing power to rogues of any specialization.
- An incredible adventure and legendary rewards await. The future of all life on Azeroth hangs in the balance. Better get moving.
The quest chain that leads up to the final quest rewards daggers that are upgraded in later quests. Note that when the weapons are turned in, all gems and enchants will be lost.
- Official model preview
- kur1gaming [HD Quality] Getting Your Legendary Daggers (Step-by-Step Video Guide)
- The Story of Fangs of the Father
- Cataclysm Recap Video: Legendary Rogue (Part I of IV)
- Cataclysm Recap Video: Legendary Rogue (Part II of IV)
- Cataclysm Recap Video: Legendary Rogue (Part III of IV)
- Cataclysm Recap Video: Legendary Rogue (Part IV of IV)
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2015-11-20): "Fangs of the Father's 2-piece set bonus should now correctly grant the 5 combo point bonus."
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Added.
- ^ WoW: Cataclysm Patch 4.3 Press Event Preview: Deathwing, War of the Ancients, Hour of Twilight Dungeons
- ^ Daxxarri 2011-09-28. 4.3 Patch Preview - Fangs of the Father. Retrieved on 2011-11-25.