We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
|Former affiliation(s)||Alliance, Stormwind, Church of the Holy Light|
|Occupation||Leader of the Twilight's Hammer, Bishop (formerly)|
|Status||Deceased (lore), killable (WoW)|
Farthing is a human priest who was once ostensibly a bishop of the Church of the Holy Light, serving in the Cathedral of Light in Stormwind City. However, during the Burning Legion's third invasion of Azeroth, Farthing revealed himself as the new leader of the Twilight's Hammer cult and attempted to use Xal'atath to resurrect Zakajz the Corruptor.
While Farthing once appeared to be a bishop of the Church of the Holy Light, in truth he was a member of the Twilight's Hammer who served as the hand to the Twilight Father, Archbishop Benedictus. While the Twilight Father left to serve Deathwing, Farthing maintained his role as a bishop in Stormwind and continued infiltration and recruitment efforts there for some time until the fall of Deathwing and Benedictus, at which point he claimed leadership of the remaining Twilight's Hammer and ordered them to go quiet in order to allow their foes a temporary victory. However, at some point he found (or perhaps was found by) Xal'atath, an ancient Old God artifact.
According to Arthur, Farthing's replacement in the Cathedral of Light, the bishop left Stormwind under the pretense of investigating the accusations and rumors regarding Benedictus' ties to the Twilight's Hammer. He had apparently not quite been himself for some time before leaving, and had started arguing with himself, growing more secretive and ignoring ceremonies.
While Farthing was once a cautious and calculating master who preferred the secrecy of the shadows to direct action, ever since he found the Black Blade his entire demeanor changed and he became arrogant, commanding and audacious. He also began communicating with the dagger, and from it he learned of the Black Empire, the ancient domain of the Old Gods before they were cast down by the titan-forged. With the dagger in hand, he ordered the Twilight's Hammer to set up camp near the Whispering Forest in the western mountains of Tirisfal. While this made them visible to the enemies of the cult, Farthing believed it to be worth the risk, as he had somehow acquired knowledge of a titan-forged complex below the nearby lake which housed the grave-prison of Zakajz, an ancient servant of the Old Gods. Using Xal'atath, Farthing intended to resurrect Zakajz in order to restore the Twilight's Hammer to their pinnacle while also cementing his leadership of the cult.
Farthing's efforts were halted when a shadow priest adventurer seeking to claim Xal'atath for themself infiltrated the complex with the aid of Shadowlord Slaghammer, a spy from Ironforge. While Slaghammer was busy holding off waves of Twilight cultists, the priest adventurer confronted Farthing and fought him until Xal'atath escaped from the deacon's hands. When Farthing expressed confusion over what was happening, Xal'atath called him weak and pitiful, saying that the Twilight Father had not dared to wield it, for he had known the price of failure. The Black Blade then proceeded to kill Farthing before allowing itself to be claimed by the priest champion.
|Location||Level range||Health range|
|Cathedral of Light||45||1,695|
|100 - 110||1,521,578|
This section concerns content related to Legion.
- Mind Blast — Inflicts Shadow damage to an enemy.
- Mind Flay — Movement speed slowed. Suffering Shadow damage every second.
- Void Bolt — Inflicts Shadow damage to an enemy.
Cathedral of Light
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
- Have you come to supplicate yourself before the Light? Or perhaps you have come here to train in the holy arts?
- If you are here to speak with Archbishop Benedictus, I am sorry to inform you that he has left on an important mission
- A mission?
- Yes. He has been called upon to help the aspects with their efforts at Wyrmrest. He wishes to aid them in cleansing Azeroth of Deathwing's menace.
- May the Light guide his path.
- After the Hour of Twilight
- Actually, I saw Benedictus at Wyrmrest. He was the Twilight Prophet.
- Ha hah hah! Benedictus, the Twilight Prophet!
- Bwa ha ha ha!
- Oh, that's a good one. Hoo-ee.
- I'm serious. Benedictus tried to kill Thrall and deliver Azeroth to Deathwing. I saw it with my own eyes.
- Rumors, child. Rumors have a way of attaching themselves to people of power. In fact, I recently heard a particularly nasty one about the late Lord Bolvar.
- I will ask you to spread your lies elsewhere. Return when you are ready to confess your wrongs before the Light.
Tomb of Tyr
This section concerns content related to Legion.
- Stage 7
- Yes... the Blade is right! I am unstoppable! Once Zakajz lives again, I will hold dominion over this world!
- Our old leaders chose to work with pawns. I choose the REAL power!
- Stage 8
- Defend me, Blade! You said this would work!
- You think to stop me? With this weapon I can do anything! ANYTHING!
- During fight
- You cannot trust your own mind!
- See how I bend your mind to my will!
- Twilight Deacon Farthing says: This... this shouldn't be happening! Why aren't you protecting me?!
- Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire says: Weak and pitiful! The Twilight Father did not dare wield me, for he knew the price of failure.
- Xal'atath casts a draining spell on Farthing, killing him.
- Twilight Deacon Farthing says: Give me another chance! No! Noooo!
- After Farthing is killed by the priest player, he is replaced in the Cathedral of Light by Bishop Arthur. Arthur has the same gossip text as his predecessor regarding Benedictus, but can also be asked about Farthing's whereabouts.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): No longer offers the quest .
Leader of the Twilight's Hammer cult