Fate of the Horde
98 (Requires 98)
Go to Grommash Hold and learn the fate of the Horde.
- Report to Saurfang
- Meet with Vol'jin
- Learn the Fate of the Horde
- Pledge to Warchief Sylvanas
Dark days are upon us.
You have served the Horde well in the past, <name>.
More will be asked of you... much more.
- Quest accept
- Eitrigg says: Best get to Grommash Hold straightaway, <name>.
- The adventurer travels from the docks at the Dranosh'ar Blockade to reach the Hold. Along the way are seen concerned citizens of Orgrimmar, Undercity denizens, Kezan citizens, Sen'jin villagers, Thunder Bluff natives and Silvermoon citizens -- some of them crying.
- Upon reaching Orgrimmar, it is obvious that something is very wrong. The merchants, bankers, soldiers... everyone is watching and waiting outside Grommash Hold. Varok Saurfang is waiting as well, in front of the closed doors to the Hold.
- Random chatter
- Orgrimmar Grunt says: I wonder how much longer they'll meet.
- Auctioneer Drezmit says: Please! Is there something wrong?
- Citizen of Kezan says: Is the threat over?
- Silvermoon Citizen says: I saw some of them return. It didn't look good.
- Denizen of Undercity says: Is the Warchief alright?
- Thunder Bluff Native says: Is everyone alright?
- Silvermoon Citizen says: I hope everything is alright.
- Sen'jin Villager says: What happened at Broken Shore?
- The doors to Grommash Hold have been sealed. The leaders of the Horde must be protected!
- Take me inside Grommash Hold.
- Grommash Hold
Various NPCs are present, except the leaders, (the kneeling) Eitrigg, Zor Lonetree, Gotura Fourwinds, Thunder Bluff Brave, and Earthen Ring Shaman, as well as three Bilgewater Soldiers, Dark Rangers, and Forsaken Deathguards.
- As the adventurer walks into the room, Lor'themar turns and notices their arrival.
- Lor'themar Theron says: Warchief! The <class> you called for has arrived. We only await Sylvanas now.
- Vol'jin says: Ah, <name>, it's... good ya came. Time be... runnin' short.
- Baine Bloodhoof says: Let me call in my healers, Warchief. Your wound must be tended!
- Vol'jin says: Too late for dat, Bloodhoof. Me got one... final duty. Ta see dat da Horde... stays strong.
- Lor'themar Theron says: The Alliance lost its king on the Broken Shore. Its people cry out for vengeance.
- Ji Firepaw says: We need them focused on defeating the Legion, not fostering old hatreds.
- Archmage Aethas Sunreaver says: My contact in the Kirin Tor tells me certain members of the Council of Six are open to inviting the Horde back into Dalaran.
- Vol'jin says: Dat's good. Azeroth... gonna fall... 'less we seal up dat tomb.
- Trade Prince Gallywix says: Blasted demons! Such wanton destruction... there's no profit in it!
- Baine Bloodhoof says: We WILL find a way to drive back the Legion, Warchief. This we swear!
- Sylvanas walks into the room.
- Lor'themar Theron says: The Banshee Queen is here, Vol'jin. What is it you wanted to tell us?
- Sylvanas - initial gossip
Broken Shore was just the beginning. The Alliance will retaliate. Given the opportunity, they will strike when we are weak.
- Sylvanas proceeds to walk further into the room, the hold doors closing behind her while Vol'jin has a coughing fit. Vol'jin begins to speak.
- Vol'jin: Windrunner. Come... forward.
- Sylvanas moves closer to the throne.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Warchief.
- Vol'jin: Da loa spirits say death will claim me soon.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: In the end, death claims us all.
- She pauses before continuing.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: But the Horde will live on.
- Vol'jin: I have never trusted you. Nor would I have ever imagined... in our darkest time... dat you... would be da one to save us. Da spirits have granted me clarity. A vision... dey whisper a name. Many will not unda'stand. But you must step out of da shadows... and lead. You must be... War...chief...
- Vol'jin dies. Sylvanas remains standing at her spot as Vol'jin's covered body is later taken away on a stretcher by Baine and Lor'themar. The scene then changes to Vol'jin's lit funeral pyre outside a night-time Orgrimmar, with Sylvanas facing the pyre.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Vol'jin is dead.
- She then turns to face the people of the Horde.
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner: Who among you will help me avenge him?
- They roar their assent and break into shouts of "for Vol'jin" and "for the Horde!"
- Many have gathered at the Dranosh'ar Blockade just outside Orgrimmar to pay their final respects to Vol'jin. The leaders of the Horde and their advisors are presents, guards and unnamed citizens from each Horde capitals are numerous, standing on their feet or on their racial mounts. Many trolls from Sen'jin Village are especially here, and among the crowds several shadow hunters are as well. Sen'jin Spirit Drummers and Ceremonial Watchers are preparing the ceremony. Tyrathan Khort, Vol'jin's human friend, is hidden among the nearby hills to pay his respects, and an Illidari delegation led by Allari the Souleater is also present.
- At the front of Vol'jin's burning funeral pyre stands Sylvanas, with Lor'themar on her left and Baine on her right, and Gallywix to her far right. Nathanos Blightcaller and Sylvanas' dark rangers are providing protection.
- Sylvanas - after
- So, the famed <class> from the Broken Shore has returned.
- These are dire times. I have need of a hero with your skills.
- What say you? Will you help avenge Vol'jin? Will you drive the Legion from our lands?
- For blood and honor, Warchief!
- Lady Sylvanas Windrunner says: I accept your pledge of loyalty, <name>. The Horde endures!
- Lor'themar Theron says: Indeed it shall.
- Baine Bloodhoof says: Well, said!
If the player is a warlock, Sylvanas says the following instead. The gossip option is unchanged.
- So, the famed <class> from the Broken Shore has returned.
- Your deeds have earned you leniency from my bow, but do not press me. As you can imagine, there is much I must address now that I am Warchief.
- We will speak later. You can wait.
The Darkspear tribe mourning.
- A bug can occur which causes Sylvanas to act is if the player is a warlock, regardless of their actual class, when turning in the quest.
- During the duration of the quest, Orgrimmar is phased twice, before and after Vol'jin's death. During the first phase, various inhabitants are seen gathered in front of Grommash Hold in the Valley of Strength facing High Overlord Saurfang. After his death, majority of NPCs in the other city districts reflect his passing and the naming of the new Warchief, with guards and other inhabitants slightly moving their positions, offering various remarks, crying and some are even absent.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.