- For felguard lore, see felguard.
The Felguard is a demonic minion available only to Demonology warlocks. It is summoned through the [Summon Felguard] ability.
The Felguard acts as a 'permanent' pet, unlike the Doomguard and Infernal. This minion, like the other permanent minions, will receive a random name that can be changed by visiting a Demon Trainer.
As a warlock pet, the felguard possesses five abilities that help it excel in combat. [Legion Strike] is its basic damage ability to help it cause damage in addition to its melee attack. [Pursuit] helps with catching up to enemies. [Axe Toss] is a long ranged, instant stun with a relatively short cooldown. Felstorm does very good damage, and generates decent AoE threat. Lastly, Avoidance helps mitigate incoming AoE damage.
[Demonic Empowerment]: Increases the Felguard's health by 20%, its Haste by 50% and its damage dealt for 12 seconds.
- Voiceovers when summoned
- "Who dares summon me?!"
- "You cannot command me."
- "What happened to your friend?"
- "Do not waste my time, lesser creature."
- Voiceovers when given a command
- "A paltry task."
- "Too pathetic to fight your own battles?"
- "A welcome diversion."
- "Your fate will be the same."
- "Your time is running out."
- "Enjoy this while you can."
- "I will enjoy watching you die."
- "You waste my time."
- Voiceovers when dismissed
- "Do not call on me again."
- "You live...for now."
- "Summon me again at your peril."
- "I'll be back."
- Funny voiceover
- The voiceovers for the Felguard were originally recorded by Blizzard for the Doomguard which originally was summoned as hostile to the warlock until enslaved, and again once the enslave broke. The voiceovers make more sense when this is taken into account, especially the spell cast voiceovers, where the Felguard appears to be threatening the warlock with death repeatedly. This would also explain the quote "What happened to your friend?", as summoning a Doomguard used to kill a random party member. The Doomguard has since reclaimed its voice upon summoning, or rather now shares it with the Felguard.
- The Felguard appears as a rare card for the Warlock class in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Yes, he'll fight for you. BUT HE'S NOT GOING TO LIKE IT."
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Felguard attack power increased by 10%."
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Model updated.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Legion Strike now reduces healing by 10%, down from 25%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Demonic Frenzy, Anguish, Cleave removed. Felstorm, Axe Toss, Legion Strike added. Intercept renamed Pursuit, reworked. No longer stuns target, instead increases Felguard's movement speed by 30% for 6 seconds.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Health increased by 10%
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Melee damage has been reduced.