- For the character from an alternate universe, see .
|Title||The Hunter, Chieftain|
|Character class||Hunter, Raider|
|Affiliation(s)||Horde of Draenor, Thunderlord clan|
|Former affiliation(s)||Frostwolf clan|
|Occupation||Chieftain of the Thunderlord clan|
Fenris Wolfbrother (also known as Fenris the Hunter) was chieftain of the Thunderlord clan, and captain of the few remaining wolfriders in Draenor that disbanded soon after the First War. Although leader of the Thunderlords, he was born in the Frostwolf clan as the eldest son of and Geyah, making him 's and 's brother, 's uncle and 's great-uncle.
After Fenris abandoned the Frostwolves, he joined the Thunderlord clan and earned the renown he craved, eventually becoming its chieftain. When Garad asked the two remaining clans of Frostfire Ridge to join an attack against Bladespire ogres, Thunderlords, convinced by Fenris, did not join.
Beyond the Dark Portal
When chose to reforge the Horde after Doomhammer's defeat on Azeroth, Fenris pledged his Thunderlords to the cause. Fenris accompanied to Blackrock Mountain in Azeroth. Teron then sent Fenris and to the Broken Isles. Newly aided with , the two orc chieftains were transported to Menethil Harbor by . From there they took boats and continued on a swift mission to the Tomb of Sargeras, where they slew a demon and claimed the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras. Fenris returned to the Dark Portal, gave the scepter to Teron and returned to Draenor.
His subsequent fate remains unclear.
Fenris was described as willing to acknowledge his own fears when facing a real danger, intelligent and also as not lacking courage. Unlike Tagar and his Bonechewers he noticed the peculiar structure of the Tomb. He also hated the treacherous machinations of the Horde's politics.
- According to Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal, Fenris was the captain of the remaining raiders of the Horde. When the Bleeding Hollow clan returned, Fenris was immediately thrilled, believing that he would be able to return to Azeroth to finish the job that Doomhammer had been unable to. , however, did not share that vision. Thus, Ner'zhul sent his Shadowmoon clan to destroy the clan. This, however, was retconned by the novel as the events played out differently.
- Interestingly, World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 2 doesn't mention his surname. At one point it calls orcish chieftains by surnames but omits Fenris': "Among them were Grommash Hellscream of the Warsongs, Kargath Bladefist of the Shattered Hand and Fenris of the Thunderlords... Hellscream, Bladefist, and Fenris had been forced to sit...". It is not even included in the index of the book.
- Fenrir, also called the Fenris wolf, is a monstrous wolf in Norse mythology. One of the children of Loki, Fenrir was bound by the gods using an enchanted fetter, but is prophesied to break free during Ragnarök and kill Odin, but will in turn then be killed by Odin's son Víðarr.
- While Fenris in an alternate timeline of Draenor has three sons, it is currently unknown what happened with them in the main timeline.
In the novel Beyond the Dark Portal, Fenris' given name is "Wolfbrother". Another Wolfbrother, Garm, was the last of the Thunderlord chieftains, and is thus presumed as Fenris' relative and successor.
Chieftain of the Thunderlord Clan