||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
- This article is about the druid ability. For other uses, see Charge (disambiguation).
Feral Charge teaches you [Feral Charge] and [Feral Charge].
Tips and tactics
- While fighting a spellcaster, [Bash] them to interrupt their spell, then [Maul] once and walk back. As the enemy comes out of the stun and starts to cast another spell you proceed to Feral Charge them, which locks their spells out.
- Unlike [Entangling Roots] or [Frost Nova], Feral Charge is a physical effect, meaning it cannot be dispelled by priests or paladins. A character with Blessing of Freedom is still immune to the root effect.
- Feral Charge in its entirety is reflected by mobs with magic reflection and grounded by shaman Grounding Totems.
- Can be used when airborne as an effective countermeasure to knockback attacks or to prevent falling damage. Affectionately known as "Rawrbomb" (especially when combined with Swift Flight Form in World PvP).
- In Karazhan against Shade of Aran, Feral Charge will interrupt Aran's spells, giving the raid one more viable interrupt to the pool.
- Feral Charge can be extremely effective in reducing damage taken (all types due to range limits, but esp. melee) while racing across the map. A druid flagrunner in Warsong Gulch will often leapfrog between the people attempting to stop her!
- Using Feral Charge (Cat) triggers the 15s cooldown for Feral Charge (Bear)
- Using Feral Charge (Cat) does not break stealth.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Replaced by [Wild Charge].
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): It is no longer possible in some encounters to use Feral Charge when closer than its minimum range.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Is now a 21-point talent, up from being a 11-point talent. Can now be used in Cat form.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): It is now possible for the interrupt and root effects from this ability to be resisted separately.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Now suppresses all Slowing effects while charging the target.
- Patch 1.9.1 (2006-01-10): Should no longer desync characters from the server when charging from land to water.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Targets that are immune to immobilizing effects will no longer be affected by Feral Charge's immobilizing effect. The interrupt will still affect the target.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Fixed a bug where the ability cost 10 rage instead of five as intended. Should now cost five rage.