Field Marshal Afrasiabi
|Location||Valley of Heroes, Stormwind City|
Field Marshal Afrasiabi is a level 62 human field marshal located in the Valley of Heroes in Stormwind City. He is a ranking member of the Stormwind Army and is the quest-end NPC for the , after speaking to Varian Wrynn in Stormwind Keep. He can be found standing under an arch, not far to the right of General Hammond Clay.
During the Remembrance Day shortly after the Cataclysm, it was Afrasiabi's honor as a field marshal to introduce king Wrynn to begin his speech but the king was missing. Afrasiabi had to delay the crowd by speaking about what he knew the best - steam-engine siege tactics.
- Move along, citizen. There is nothing to see here.
- Nefarian's Head
- Citizens of the Alliance, the Lord of Blackrock is slain! Nefarian has been subdued by the combined might of <name> and <his/her> allies!
- Let your spirits rise! Rally around your champion, bask in <his/her> glory! Revel in the rallying cry of the dragon slayer!
- Forged Documents
- These documents implicate several orcish spies. Our best assassins will be dispatched for this treachery. Take your compensation and spend it wisely; it's drawn from the taxpayers of Stormwind.
Notes & trivia
- Afrasiabi does not like it when plans go off track. One of his favorite topics is the fascinating history, and little-known nuisances, of steam-engine siege tactics... which is apparently unbelievably boring.
- He is named after game designer Alex Afrasiabi.
- He holds the same rank and originally served the same single purpose as Varok Saurfang (ending the quest from Nefarian's head), although the latter's popularity and thus function and lore has since expanded greatly.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Added.