Field Marshal Snowfall
|Title||<Alliance War Effort Commander>|
|Occupation||Field Marshal, Commander|
|Location||Scarab Dais, Silithus|
Field Marshal Snowfall is a dwarf located at the Scarab Dais in Silithus alongside Master Sergeant Fizzlebolt during the Call of the Scarab micro-holiday. Snowfall, along with his Horde counterpart Warlord Gorchuk, is a callback to the massive item funneling that took place during the War Effort to open the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj. As his gossip text hints at, players on the entire realm ended up focusing their efforts to get a single player his or her to bang the gong and start the war.
Ahn'Qiraj War Effort
- Alliance war effort still ongoing
- Greetings, <class>. I am Field Marshal Snowfall, commander of the war effort here. We've a hard road to plow ahead of us, <lad/lass>, so if you can help out, please do so. And feel free to ask questions.
What is the Ahn'Qiraj war effort?
- We are united in cause, <race>. An ancient evil threatens to extinguish all life on Kalimdor and consume the world with its depravity... Its hatred of all things born of the great Shapers: The eternal Titans.
- We are the first and last line of defense against the armies of C'Thun. If we do not rise up and strike at out[sic] enemy, our enemy will surely destroy us.
- The war effort needs you!
How many metal bars have the Alliance collected so far?
- Good question, <class>. Last I was informed; we have managed to collect <number collected> copper bars out of 90000 needed. Additionally, I am told that we have <number collected> iron bars out of 28000, and <number collected> out of 24000 thorium bars requested.
How many herbs have the Alliance collected so far?
- Herbs, herbs, hmmm, let me see here. Ah yes, here it is. To date we have accumulated <number collected> out of 33000 stranglekelp, <number collected> out of 26000 purple lotuses, and <number collected> out of 20000 arthas' tears needed.
How many leather skins have the Alliance collected so far?
- I received an update on that just a moment ago. It looks like out of 180000 light leather needed, we have <number collected>. As for the others, the report indicates that we've gathered <number collected> out of 110000 medium leather, and <number collected> out of our 80000 thick leather quota.
How many bandages have the Alliance collected so far?
- Collection of bandages is proceeding according to schedule. As far as linen bandages are concerned, we've gathered <number collected> of 800000. Silk bandages have been tallied at <number collected> out of 600000, and we have <number collected> out of 400000 runecloth bandages needed.
How many cooked goods have the Alliance collected so far?
- On the cooked goods front it would appear that we've managed to collect and store away <number collected> rainbow fin albacore, out of 14000 requested. Additionally, right now we have in <number collected> of 20000 roast raptor and <number collected> out of 17000 spotted yellowtail in cold storage.
- Alliance war effort completed before Horde
Have you heard the good news, <class>? The Alliance has completed all of its war effort collections! Now we simply await the Horde to finish theirs. When they do, we'll begin shipping all of the war material over to Silithus, and it shouldn't be long after that until the Ahn'Qiraj War begins.
- Both war efforts completed
We've done it, <lad/lass>! The Alliance and Horde have completed gathering everything that we think we'll need for the Ahn'Qiraj War. Right now the final goods are being taken over to Cenarion Hold in Silithus and all of it will arrive within 5 days. After that, some brave <hero/heroine> is going to need to ring the Scarab Gong with the Scepter of the Shifting Sands to open the gates to Ahn'Qiraj. When those gates open, the war begins!
Call of the Scarab
- On this day, many years ago, a hero by the name of Kalahad rang the Scarab Gong, opening the gates to Ahn'Qiraj and beginning a war the likes of which Kalimdor had never seen.
- Today, we celebrate the heroics of those past adventurers by returning to Silithus and walking in their footsteps.
- What's more: this is a competition between of[sic] the Horde and Alliance. Whichever group can earn more credits over the next 24 hours earns the right to fly their flag next to the gong for the rest of the year.
- How can I help the war effort?
- Disrupt the Twilight's Hammer camps, and strike at their Abyssal High Council!
- Slay the mighty silithid colossi that dwell in each of the three large silithid hives.
- Gather silithyst, a valuable red spice, for our faction.
- Venture into Ahh'Qiraj itself and deal with the qiraji and old god menaces that dwell inside!
- Even adventurers that prefer not to fight can participate by donating war supplies, in the form of meat, to our cause.
- Why are the items you sell so expensive?
- Yes, both the Medallion of Station and Ring of Lordship are expensive - far too expensive for any one person to purchase on their own.
- I suggest you team up with other adventurers and select a champion. Only one medallion or ring is required to summon the high-ranking members of the Abyssal Council - but many heroes will be required to defeat them.
- Good luck.
- I would like to buy from you.
- When the Alliance takes the lead
- Field Marshal Snowfall yells: We have taken the lead! For the Alliance!
- He may be part of Ironforge Brigade.