Finding the Keymaster
69 (Requires 67)
Locate Apex and obtain Apex's Crystal Focus from him. Return to the Violet Tower and use Apex's Crystal Focus near Archmage Vargoth's Orb to discover who holds the key to breaking the tower's curse.
- Discover the Keymaster's identity: 0/1
This quest is the 1st step in a quest chain in Netherstorm. You must complete the quest chain that begins with to be able to obtain this quest.
In retrospect, I suppose I should've expected Kael'thas's magic to be this robust. He's always been a talented mage, but I've never seen anything like the power he wielded during the attack on the tower.
The ward keeps me from being able to scry out the force holding it in place, but it doesn't preclude you from scrying.
You'll require a focus, though. A crystal-bearing giant named Apex roams the plains to the west of Manaforge Duro. One of its crystals would make an excellent scrying focus.
- A flickering image of a female blood elf appears. From the surroundings, you can tell she must be inside Tempest Keep.
- The blood elf doesn't appear to be a magister, but perhaps she holds something that is the key to the tower's curse.
<You describe the results of your scrying.>
Commander Sarannis, you say? Hmm...
She's one of Kael'thas's advisors, but certainly not a mage. I remember her from the attack on Kirin'Var Village. I think your impressions are correct, <name>. She's not maintaining the curse personally, but she holds the key to it.
- For this quest, you will need to find Apex.
- Kill him and loot the from him.
- Head back to Archmage Vargoth (the Orb is located behind him)
- Use the