||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 6.0.2.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
Finkle's Skinner is a rare one handed dagger.
This dagger looks like nothing more than an ordinary skinning knife, but it bears a powerful enchantment that makes it ideal for fighting beasts. Originally carried by the gnomish adventurer Finkle Einhorn, it has not been seen since his legendary effort to hunt down a massive canine creature said to be terrorizing a remote section of the Blasted Lands. The dagger's pommel appears wrapped in a well-tanned animal skin that changes to a different type each day. One day it might be a gray wolf hide, while the next it bears the orange and black stripes of a jungle tiger.
This item dropped from The Beast in Upper Blackrock Spire.
- One of two weapons that raise skinning by 10 when equipped, the others being the unavailable [Zulian Slicer] and its replacement, the [Zulian Slasher], from Zul'Gurub. Either of the originals was needed to skin The Beast prior to The Burning Crusade expansion, as well as other beasts over level 61. In order to skin "skull" level bosses at least two out of three of Finkle's Skinner, Zulian Slicer, and +5 skinning enchanted gloves was required. With the addition of The Burning Crusade, you may now train your skinning over 300 rendering these items unneeded.
- A similar situation has arisen in Cataclysm, with regard to skinnable dungeon bosses. The exception are Worgen players, as the [Flayer] racial ability allows them to skin bosses at skill level 515.
- Formerly featured "Property of Finkle Einhorn, Grandmaster Adventurer" as flavor text.
The names Finkle and Einhorn come from the film Ace Ventura: Pet Detective in which the antagonist's real name was Ray Finkle and he used Lois Einhorn as an alias.