- Fire-Watcher's Oath
- Binds when picked up
- Use: Transform into an Ordon Fire-Watcher. PvP kills made while transformed have a chance to grant Bloody Coins. (10 Min Cooldown)
- "Ordon Fire-Watchers carry the ashes of their victims in a special pouch that keeps them smouldering."
The Fire-Watcher's Oath is an alternate version of the that allows players to collect Bloody Coins. This item has the perk of being usable anywhere (including Battlegrounds), as well as not taking 90% of the player's health on use. It originally had an approximate 10% chance of granting a Bloody Coin and a long cooldown. It has since then been significantly buffed, to encourage players to obtain Bloody Coins from battlegrounds.
For tactics and strategy, see the Censer of Eternal Agony article.
- Players that use the item will become PvP flagged.
- Unlike the , it does not require 90% of the player's health to gain the buff.
- Killing players during the duration of the buff will reward 1 for each killing blow.
- Targets under level 90 do not grant 1 .
- Targets affected with the Sacrificed to Ordos debuff do not grant 1 .
- Targets affected with do not grant 1 .
- The buff has a 10 minute duration.
- Dying will remove the buff.
- Removing the buff without death will not unflag the player.
- In order to remove the PvP flag, travel to a non-PvP area, then type /pvp to fully activate the flag and type it again to cancel it, then wait five minutes for the flag to deactivate.
- The buff will transform the user in a red glowing Ordon Fire-Watcher.
- Being on a mount, while the buff is active, will also give the mount the red visual effect.
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2014-06-16): Players transformed into an Ordon Fire-Watcher now have a 100% chance to gain Bloody Coins on killing-blows against level-90 characters. Note that there's still a short internal-cooldown on earning Bloody Coins.
- Hotfix (2014-06-13): Players below level 90 no longer grant Bloody Coins.
- Hotfix (2014-06-11):
- Hotfix (2013-09-10): Cooldown of Fire-Watcher's Oath is now 1 hour, up from 5 minutes.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Added.