Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Fire Elemental Totem
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
|Fire Elemental Totem|
Fire Elementals deal entirely fire based damage, and are themselves immune to fire. They have a mana bar which regenerates very slowly. They have two spells, a fire nova, that burns enemies in its radius for approximately 700 damage at 70, and a single-target Fire Blast. Because of their limited mana pool and poor regeneration, it should not be expected that the elemental cast either spell more than 4 times per summon. For the rest of its life, the elemental follows its target and punches them, dealing a varying amount of fire damage. The elemental also has a fiery aura, which burns nearby enemies for small amounts of damage every 2 seconds. Fire elementals are very fragile, and cannot survive attacks even from normal mobs. Much like , this totem is best used when all adds are dealt with.
The fire elemental is linked to its totem, and if the totem is killed, so is the elemental. Casting another will also negate the fire elemental. Despite this limitation, the elemental has a long tether, and may cause trouble if it runs off to attack new targets, much like . Elementals move surprisingly fast, and this can cause a moment of panic, but unlike other fire totems it is not aggro-linked to the shaman so if it runs off and attacks a new group it can be dismissed or left to die without pulling adds.
The Fire Elemental benefits from 55% of its master’s spell power.
Tips and tactics
An enhancement Shaman with , Healing Spring Totem, Strength of Earth Totem, Windfury Totem and a Fire Elemental totem is one of the best group quests group in the game. The sheer damage output, and the mechanics of Feral Spirit usually bring down all but the toughest of outdoor enemies with relative ease.
The Fire Elemental Totem is great for hard burns on boss fights and can often put out a fair amount of extra damage. Because the totem itself is considered a Fire Totem, can be used when the totem is up.
It is not known if either +spell power gear or Elemental passives that affect critical effects or fire totems benefit the elemental. Considering the fire elemental is not benefited by any party-wide abilities, and seems to be the "pet" of the totem, it is doubtful.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed. Replaced by .
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Summoned Greater Fire Elemental now deals 10% less damage.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Duration reduced from 2 to 1 min. Cooldown reduced from 10 to 5 min.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Now benefits from 55% of its master’s spell power, up from 50%
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): The shared 2 minute elemental cooldown has been removed. Earth and Fire Elementals can now both be used at once. (undocumented)
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): The cooldown for this totem has been reduced from 20 minutes to 10 minutes. Cannot be used in Arenas.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): The summoned Fire Elemental should now have moderately more health and mana, and its damage scaling has been increased. In addition, the Fire Elemental's spells now cost less mana.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This pet will now come into the game with full health and mana, including that gained from a percentage of its master's stamina and intellect. It will also now properly get increased stamina from a percentage of its master's stamina.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Added.