|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
This addition to the Shaman's array of damaging attacks now gives the high potential for the Shaman to be considered an AoE farming class. With and , the shaman now has an impressive array of multi-target damaging spells.
Tips and tactics
- Highly useful in raid situations usually involving lots of trash mobs. Shamans can run cast Flame Shock on one mob, use on that target to spread FS to other enemies, and then cast Fire Nova.
Fire Nova was added in patch 3.3.0 to replace . While the prior Fire Nova Totem was considered a pet and thus would potentially disallow typical kill rewards (loot, exp), the new Fire Nova is a direct AoE attack, bypassing any prior pet restrictions. The Shaman and are still considered pets.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Hotfix (2015-01-12): "Fire Nova now causes up to 6 novas (down from 7)."
- Hotfix (2014-10-30): "Now has a maximum of 7 novas that can be triggered if more than 7 targets are affected by ."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now has a cooldown of 4.5 second (up from 4.0 seconds).
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Damage has been increased by 83%.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Has been redesigned and decoupled from shaman Fire totems. Instead, it now pulses the Fire Nova effect from each target that is afflicted by the shaman's own debuff. It now damages all enemies except the target hit by Flame Shock. The ability's cooldown has been reduced to 4 seconds, down from 10.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Added, replacing .