Fire Nova Totem
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.3.0.
|Fire Nova Totem|
|1||48 - 56||12||8|
|2||102 - 116||22||30|
|3||184 - 208||32||80|
|4||281 - 217||42||1 60|
|5||396 - 442||52||2 70|
|6||518 - 578||61||3 40|
|7||654 - 730||70||8 80|
|8||755 - 843||75||18|
|9||893 - 997||80||18|
Talents that could improve the totem:
|15||Elemental||Improved Fire Nova Totem||2|
- The totem immediately drew aggro from mobs once it is put on the ground, causing them to attack and destroy often before it does any damage. Patch 3.0.8 removed this threat generation.
- In addition to increased damage, the Improved Fire Nova Totem talent would give it a 50 or 100% chance to stun mobs damaged by its blast for 2 seconds.
- Useless against high Fire resistant players/mobs.
- Second longest cooldown for a totem (if we exclude the talent spell).
This totem could be situationally useful in PvP. It could even be used in 1v1 PvP as a way to burst DPS.
There was however a strategy you could follow without said talent against crowds of low (or not so low) level mobs, dropping a and drawing aggro from you/your mates it was possible to release a Fire Nova Totem without it claiming the attention, you could even use a thereafter in order to finish off remaining mobs.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): This totem has been replaced with a new spell, , which is available at the same ranks as the old Fire Nova Totem. Existing characters will automatically learn this new spell in place of the totem. With a Fire Totem active, shamans will be able to use Fire Nova (fire magic) to emit the same area-of-effect damage as the old Fire Nova Totem from the active Fire Totem, not consuming the totem in the process. Fire Nova will activate a 1.5-second global cooldown when used and has a 10-second spell cooldown. The caster must be within 30 yards of the totem to use this ability, but does not need to be within line of sight of the totem.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Now no longer generates threat.
- Patch 2.4.0 (2008-03-25): Will no longer sometimes detonate without doing any damage.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): The tooltip for Fire Nova Totem now correctly reflects the damage the totems deal.
- Patch 1.5.0 (2005-06-07): Fixed a bug where Fire Nova Totems had incorrect level caps when cast by higher level shaman. All totems should now be summoned at the level of the caster.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Now generates less threat.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Added.