We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
- Fireball deals fire damage, and thus gains the benefit of .
- (Fire passive)
- (honor talent)
- (honor talent)
- The basic fire spell which all followers of the Orcish cults (the underworld) first learn. It channels the flames of Hades through the caster's body, allowing the wielder to direct it as a missile at anyone he chooses. It is a dangerous magik to employ, but the effects seem to delight even the lowest circle of Warlock to no end.
- Magiks involving the cardinal elements of the universe are favorites of the Mages. The Fireball is launched from the palms of the Mage and streaks like a comet blazing across the battlefield - slamming its fiery bulk into whatever stands in its path.
- Fireball is a basic Mage spell in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. The flavor text reads: "This spell is useful for burning things. If you're looking for spells that toast things, or just warm them a little, you're in the wrong place."
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-08-26): "Fireball (Fire) now deals 75% additional damage in PvP (was 150%)."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Damage increased by 30%.
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Damage reduced by 20%."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a Fire specialization ability.
- Patch 4.3.2 (2012-01-31): Fireball damage has been reduced by roughly 6%.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Damage increased by approximately 17%.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Mana cost has been reduced to 9% of base mana.
- Hotfix (2011-01-18): "The mana costs of the following mage spells have been reduced, but they still require the previous percentage of base mana in order to be cast: (11% of base mana), (7% of base mana), and Fireball (12% of base mana). As an example, Fireball requires 16% base mana to cast, but only consumes 12% of base mana. "
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): DoT effect removed. No longer uses spell ranks.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Periodic damage from this spell can no longer trigger Combustion.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Rank 12 can now be purchased from trainers at level 62.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Pyroblast and Fireball damage over time will now stack together.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Added a small damage over time effect.