||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
- Binds when picked up
- Use: While applied to target weapon it increases damage dealt by direct spells by 1% and spell critical strike rating by 7N. Lasts for 1 hour.
- 5 Charges
The Firestone was a warlock-only temporary weapon enchants akin to wizard oils and created by the [Create Firestone] spell. A Firestone increased all spell direct damage done by 1% and increased spell critical strike by 7/14/21/28/35/42/49. They were bind on pickup, but unlike other Conjured Items, Firestones and Spellstones did not vanish after logged out for any amount of time (Much like a Wizard Oil created by Enchanting).
Firestones and Spellstones were the preferred temporary weapon enchants for Warlocks. Firestones were preferred for Warlocks that favor direct damage spells (Destruction and Demonology warlocks), while Spellstones were preferred for Affliction Warlocks, who favor damage over time spells.
The original Firestone was an off-hand slot conjured item which was later moved to the wand slot (technically a relic), created by the warlock Create Firestone spell, allowing warlocks to enhance their main hand weapon to do additional fire damage and gain a fire spell damage bonus buff for as long as the Firestone existed. When active, a Firestone stacked with weapon enchantments, and placed a small fireball that circled the Warlock's weapon. Both the Firestone and Spellstone were widely unused for multiple reasons. They did not provide comparable stats to wands and, like other conjured items, would disappear if logged out for more than 15 minutes.
Types of firestones
||Damage dealt by direct spells
||Spell critical strike rating
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Create Firestone removed from game.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Design changed.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): When a Firestone is equipped, it should no longer interrupt tradeskill creation.
- Patch 1.3.0 (2005-03-07): Equipping Firestones will now increase damage caused by fire spells.