|Theater of operations|
The Firetree tribe (or firetree trolls) was one of the forest troll tribes that after the Second War joined Rend Blackhand, who refused to give up the fight, along with some orcs, trolls, and ogres. They have become known to others as the Dark Horde.
Commanded by Rend Blackhand, the Dark Horde has not given up the battle to claim Azeroth, they are essentially still fighting the Second War, even though Rend's forces are significantly smaller than 's Horde. They know that they stand little chance of success, despite their alliance with the black dragonflight. A group of warlocks drives the Dark Horde, which has not relinquished the original Horde's involvement in demonic magic.
The firetree trolls revere the memory of and consider the Smolderthorn tribe acceptable allies, but despise all other forest trolls as deserters, particularly the Revantusk tribe, which is loosely affiliated with Thrall's Horde. Ironically the Revantusks consider the Firetree trolls traitors for failing to leave Blackrock Spire and aid Thrall and his followers, for the Revantusks believe that Thrall leads the true Horde.
In general, trolls outside the Dark Horde have long since decided that the Firetree and Smolderthorn trolls are insane for allying themselves with the black dragonflight and continuing to fight an unwinnable war (if, indeed, it can be called a war).
In World of WarcraftThis section concerns content exclusive to World of Warcraft.
In the RPGThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon.
- There is a server named Firetree.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Forest Troll Tribes (English). Blizzard Entertainment Inc.. Retrieved on 2009-07-23.
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1
- ^ Firetree Tribe (English). Blizzard Entertainment Inc.. Retrieved on 2009-07-23. “Below you can learn more about the various tribes of forest trolls: the Amani tribe, the Firetree tribe...”
- ^ Horde Player's Guide, p.9 Quote: ...the hero Zul’jin organized all the forest troll tribes into one cohesive army...