Fist weapons are those which are gripped in a fist, such as brass knuckles.
Due to the small number of fist weapons in the game they can make a poor choice of weaponry before level 60. However, if you know where to look and are willing to put some extra time into running dungeons you should be able to find enough upgrades that this won't be a problem.
The class proficiencies page lists which classes can use this type of weapon.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Blood elf characters now grip fist weapons correctly.
- Hotfix (2016-07-22): "Invisible fist weapons are now eligible to be transmogrified."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): All fist weapons are now one-handed, with few exceptions (, , , ).
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12):
- Fist Weapons will now have the normal chance to parry that all weapons use.
- Fixed a bug where broken off-hand fist weapons would prevent main-hand dagger abilities from being usable.