Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Flame Shock is one of the three shock spells available to Elemental shamans, and the only one available to Restoration. Because the DoT component can critically strike any shaman can increase the effectiveness of this spell through Spell crit.
Tips and tactics
- Refreshing the DoT may cause you to lose a few periodic damage ticks.
- Like all DoT spells, Flame Shock can be used to prevent rogues from using .
- With the guaranteed critical strike aspect of when Flame Shock is active, Flame Shock + Lava Burst is a staple for Elemental shamans.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19):
- Restoration: Instant damage increased by 380%, over time damage increased by 180%, and duration reduced to 21 seconds (down from 30 seconds).
- Elemental: Instant damage increased by 120%, over time damage increased by 37-74%, and duration reduced to 15 seconds (increased to 30 seconds with Maelstrom.
- Patch 6.2.3 (2015-11-17): Damage has been increased by 4%.
- Patch 6.0.3 (2014-10-28): Now costs 50% less mana.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Duration has been increased by 25%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): DoT duration increased from 18 to 24 sec.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): The damage-over-time component of this ability can now produce critical strikes and is affected by spell haste.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): The duration of all ranks has been increased by 6 seconds.